Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit the rollers again today. Quite pleased with the results.

Stock: 342RWHP / 666TQ
H&S Hot DPF ON: 407RWHP / 754TQ
H&S Hot Deleted: 441RWHP / 977TQ!

Truck drives great runs great. :D

Mixed driving seems to be about 16/17mpg compared to the 13/14 I was getting. Haven't hit the highway yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
very nice!!! i just installed my h&s last night and love the way it drives. will be doing the deletes on monday. quick question, when you reprogrammed after you put the deletes on did you just return it to stock and start over?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't return to stock, but I reflashed the engine/trans w/ H&S and there's a question in there about DPF on or not that has to be changed for deleted.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Pretty nice, but nowhere near the numbers H&S claims. I really like how my truck drives on hot/deleted though. It seems like the guys at H&S claim an extra 55 hp that aren't really there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm thinking the dyno he uses is a bit light on the number compared to what is being used by the tuning company's.

Not bashing, just saying.

Congrats on a good running truck that makes great power!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Did you by chance make a mild or no power run being deleted just curious what that power was.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
453 Posts
Stock: 342RWHP / 666TQ I can live with that.

not to bad I cant weight for my 12 to get here next month!
it will stay stock intill warenty is up. since i tow with it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I know that but I meant like being deleted but a stock power level. With dpf off.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pretty nice, but nowhere near the numbers H&S claims. I really like how my truck drives on hot/deleted though. It seems like the guys at H&S claim an extra 55 hp that aren't really there.
I've noticed this in a few threads on various sites with people's dyno numbers. No one seems all that close to the numbers that H&S claims. Noticed a couple of Spartan trucks come close to 500rwhp, but am skeptical that it's an indicator of the majority.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking the dyno he uses is a bit light on the number compared to what is being used by the tuning company's.
This would not surprise me as it seems all dynos give different numbers. The one KEM uses adds 100HP over what mine does...

However, for reference, there was a drift car that had a used LS1 in it right before me and they found the results were right where they expected. Also my pure stock run is pretty much right where it's expected to be.

Did you by chance make a mild or no power run being deleted just curious what that power was.
Sure did, but the results were funky so I didn't include them.

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks trick truck! 👍

·
Registered
99 Posts
I guess I should have elaborated more clearly. I think they are using a load cell dyno or a dyno that can apply a rolling resistance to the drum the tires sit on and spin. It's very difficult to get a turbo to light on low rpm runs without a load being placed on the motor. And with these 6.7, they appear to really shine in that 1600-2000 rpm range where it's hard to get the turbo to fire without the load being against it.

Hp is an equation and if you can't get the torque up where the motor produces it peak power, you are going to suffer severely in the tq/hp number (tq x rpm / 5252 = hp)

I thought back to the numbers and your stock numbers are right on with all the other numbers I've seen, so in reality, the tuners just arent putting out the advertised hp. I'm personally very disappointed in the tq numbers, I do think a load cell dyno would get the low rpm numbers up, it should be peaking 500 rpm sooner.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Btw, the ls1 was most likely naturally aspirated so wasn't dependent on load to obtain accurate numbers. Turbo cars/ trucks do....to a point..

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It is a Dynojet 224xLC loaded eddy current dyno

See JR Racing
http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/dynocenters1_output.aspx?state=SC

Also, they have a 6.4 for the shop truck. I saw it's 'sheet' and if I remember correctly it is in the mid 500s on HP and low 1100s on TQ. Truck is Spartan tuned, deleted w/ a set of studs and is said to run like a raped ape.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If this dyno really read low, then the stock number would be proportionally low as well. That's according to my understanding, which I'll admit is basic. It seemed that H&S's 150 tune is a 100 tune in the real world.

·
Registered
144 Posts
+100hp and +300tq to the wheels, not too shabby if you ask me. Thanks for posting up the graphs. I've been meaning to dyno mine after the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Dyno's will have varying results depending on brand, also # 's will be different at different altitudes. Also other things that will come into play will be gearing and tire size too. All in all though those are good #'s.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts