Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has tried putting one of these Tesla style screens in from Phoenix Automotive. Seems like it retains all OEM features.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Really Cool.:wink[3]::thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Let us know how the install goes. Take lots of pics.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it installed in my truck. Fit and finish is superb. Looks very OEM. However, having some programming issues. The touch screen features aren’t currently working and the navigation is erratic. Shows me driving on the correct road and then it shows I’m blocks away. I’m trying to troubleshoot the issues with their tech support. Time will tell but there is a 30 day refund period so I might take advantage of that if I can’t sort the issues out in the next week or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They’re sending me a new screen as tech support was unable to get the current one working. Tried rebooting with new software they provided and it’s for a sedan not a truck. Have lost all features now. Trying to get them to send the right software so at least, I’ll have my cameras, navigation, etc. Not sure what happened but whatever it was has caused a catastrophic failure. The new screen should be here in 7-10 days. Giving them one more chance and if it doesn’t work, I’ll just get a refund. Super bummed.

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try looking for this exact setup but on the GM trucks. These are pretty popular among the GM crowd and maybe you can find some useful info. This is the first one I've seen on a superduty. Typically people do the iPad swap on these.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gmc+android+radio
Thanks for the link. I’ll check out some of those videos. The Android screen seems to be popular with the F150 crowd too. Pretty sure I just got a DOA/dud unit. The buttons all work if you plug a computer mouse into the USB port and click on the icons.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I’ve decided to pull the plug on the project. What a disaster is all I can say. I put a security deposit down on another screen and sent my defective unit back. They’ve received my screen but no refund has been issued. It’s been 16 days since they’ve received it so I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. I am now in the process of trying to get a refund for the new exchange unit under their “30 day money back guarantee” as I don’t want to chance installing another defective screen.

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts
That's too bad. I was hoping this would work out for you and be an option for others, including myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts