Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read a bunch of forums and couldnt really come across what i was looking for. I have a 2015 f250 and want to put a zone 6" lift kit but gunna ditch the blocks and put the skyjacker 6" soft ride leafs. Will that sit level or will i need to add a block still also will ride quality be better then the block from zone? And im gunna use fox 2.0 shocks all around. Any info would be great thank you!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you go on the Skyjacker website and look at their lifts it tells you which leaf springs are the right ones to use with the respective lift levels. Good practice to check the manufacturers website first for that type of info.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,605 Posts
Skyjacker and soft ride dont go together.

Deaver, carli, and the like are better options.

Id run the sky springs over stacked blocks though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had Skyjacker leaf springs on a Ranger. Granted it’s a different model, so take this with a grain of salt, but the full leaf replacements rode great. Personally I think a full leaf swap is the way to go if you have the funds for it and don’t tow all the time. I have never looked to confirm my suspicions but I would guess (from my previous experience) the Skyjacker leafs are softer than stock so you may get more squatting than a block/OEM block combo. They could probably tell you for sure though.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,605 Posts
I had Skyjacker leaf springs on a Ranger. Granted it’s a different model, so take this with a grain of salt, but the full leaf replacements rode great. Personally I think a full leaf swap is the way to go if you have the funds for it and don’t tow all the time. I have never looked to confirm my suspicions but I would guess (from my previous experience) the Skyjacker leafs are softer than stock so you may get more squatting than a block/OEM block combo. They could probably tell you for sure though.
I will say their coil springs for my ram 2500 were not terrible but it was replacing a collapsed spring so no idea on the total improvement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah if i had extra funds id go with carli but im just trying to get a middle grade lift without losing to much ride quality thats why i figured leafs would be better then block. Thank you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
new to the ford, or rather it's been a while. but here's what i know

i've never noticed a major difference in ride comfort when using factory leads and no block or 1-2-3 or 4" blocks. as long as shocks are of equivalent quality, all it does is raise the respective mounting location of the factory leafs. what you will notice is the further from the axle centerline you go the more axle wrap you'll feel.

check abs see if skyjacker 6" leafs are truly a 6" leaf or merely the leafs used in a 6" kit which may only net you 4"

there should also be some sort of weight or load specs for the leafs.

if you want a soft ride you will most likely give up towing and payload ability. if you want a soft ride but need the payload and towing capability look into airbags.

if you want to run blocks for a 6" lift i'd look into traction bars like one up off-road or something similar. the longer the bar the better the ride

·
Registered
344 Posts
to be honest, if i was wanting both ride quality to not suffer too much and had money for traction bars, i'd go with about a 3" spring and a 3" block. the springs net you lift by adding longer springs ...so more arch. that may make the ride stiffer if not designed for ride quality first. lessening that arch by going 3-4" would help ride

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looked into deaver to but 1000 to 1500 is a bit much for springs. Im gunna call around see what someplaces recommend but will post pics when all done thank you all for the help

·
Registered
344 Posts
you just asked on here what many people recommend. the shop you go to will recommend the companies they sell. i'm telling you, super arched springs will ride rougher then flat springs. 6" super lift springs will ride rougher then 3" super lift springs. they are probably the same metal, same spring packs, one has more arch and longer than the other.

if i was in your shoes, and don't wanna spend as much on rear springs as the entirety of a boxed lift kit, i'd go 3" lift springs, 3" block and traction bars, fixed on axle end and shackle on frame side, as long as possible and in parallel with driveshaft . if you dont care about the ride, 6" lift leafs

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,605 Posts
Get the pmf traction bar block and call it a day. Deaver and carli also have a mini pack that replaces the overload leaf and nets 2.5in lift and is about 400 bucks.

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Leaf springs done right will ride great but it's expensive. Running large lift springs with multiple (more than 7) leafs will ride great but will not always hold up under loaded weights. Large lift (huge arches) leaf springs will be horrible unloaded, but will be able to carry the load.

As @powerstrokeshellback says running a larger lift block associated with a traction bar setup is the single best alternative. While the cost doesn't always end up cheaper you get the advantage of traction control (of sorts) with the bars and a nice lift.

I've been told by a good source that Rancho front springs are designed and ride closest to stock for a lifted spring up front.
From there the rear springs need to be addressed, using Deavers are not going to be cheap. Running a lift block/traction bar setup will not be cheap. Using airbags correctly on a lifted truck can help, but it can fail or cause other issues.
Your choice.....I'd get the traction block setup on stock rear springs. Cause down the road I can save up for the better riding leaf springs.
Traction when lifted needs to be helped cause of the changes in the driveline and rear axle angles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.