Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 11-12 owners my poll question is, how may out there still have their original turbo's and what is done to your truck. if turbo was replaced when and what mileage :wink:

2011 original turbo
full emissions
emission on tuned @ 90,000

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Mine had 95k on it, deleted for 15k and was going strong when I sold it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2011. 56k when I bought it. 150k now. But my turbo was replaced by the dealer under warranty at 124k because the tech apparently stripped the fittings. It was removed for the crossover tubes leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
2011 original turbo
86,000 miles
Tuned and deleted since 73,000 miles
Running the Tyrant Extreme 130 hp tune and drive it like I stole it....well sort of. I always let it get up to temp before hammering on it. I can't remember the exact number but I think Torque Pro recorded a max boost of around 28 psi but not certain.

·
Registered
258 Posts
2011 with 177k. Running original turbo (as far as I know). Stock tune. Only change is a steel cold side pipe upgrade.
I bought it with 163k, there was no record of a turbo replacement in the OASIS report so I assume it is original.

Seems to be working great.

Sometime this year, I want to do a "tune." Im drawing a blank on the one I was looking at but its an "emissions on" tune. I don't need to go crazy deleting things...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I pulled the stocker off my dads truck at 370k. Emissions in tact until 362k miles. It was starting to push a lot of oil and mixing soot with the oil it was pushing. Lots of soot chunks in the cac system. Threw a 15 turbo in it just because I had the parts lying around to do it. His is an early 11, all original long block.

I did the conversion on mine at approx 340k, Factory turbo as far as I could tell. Also an early 11. Emissions in tact until 330k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 original turbo - 96,000 miles - mostly highway miles towing a fifth wheel - always let engine idle 5 minutes before shutdown after running highway speed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
2012 with 150K on my original turbo. Tuned and deleted since 95K.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Early build 11 with original turbo at 151k. Deleted at 92k.

Don’t know if it helps but I always let it idle a few minutes after a pull to let the oil at the turbo cool off a bit before shutting it down.
That tip I picked up on here or somewhere similar had to do with the ceramic bearings the early models have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
I pulled the stocker off my dads truck at 370k. Emissions in tact until 362k miles. It was starting to push a lot of oil and mixing soot with the oil it was pushing. Lots of soot chunks in the cac system. Threw a 15 turbo in it just because I had the parts lying around to do it. His is an early 11, all original long block.

I did the conversion on mine at approx 340k, Factory turbo as far as I could tell. Also an early 11. Emissions in tact until 330k.
2012 with 314,000 miles. Original turbo. All stock under the hood. Had EGR done 10,000 miles ago.

@Nickjames525 and @Awephil those are some great numbers. How do you use your truck and what type of driving (hwy, towing, ect)?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts