Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Radioshack. it is the cheapest mod going, but it idles like crap. I did the mod about 2 months ago and it did increase my mileage a tiny bit and the power went up at part throttle. Just go to radioshack and get a pack of 10k resistors and 5.6 also there is a tech article on this posted by Maintain. enjoy but you will still want the TW chip.:woot:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radioshack. it is the cheapest mod going, but it idles like crap. I did the mod about 2 months ago and it did increase my mileage a tiny bit and the power went up at part throttle. Just go to radioshack and get a pack of 10k resistors and 5.6 also there is a tech article on this posted by Maintain. enjoy but you will still want the TW chip.:woot:

o ok and yes i'm still going with TW

·
Registered
613 Posts
I just did it on my truck two days ago and im not sure how much that alone helped with power because I pulled the red tube off the wastegate at the same time but my truck is definitely faster now, and slightly more smoke. Im in the same position just getting by till i get the TW chip. But i'd say it is worth trying. Mine only idles rougher when I am slowing down, at a stop or just sitting in the driveway it idles just fine.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a 6 spd. and HATE the 10K with a passion....It has way to much ICP pressure so when I clutch it the fuel is catching up and it'll rev up then drop down

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

you have 10 k resistors and 5.6. what is 5.6, sorry for the stupid question

1 - 7 of 7 Posts