Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just thought id share my build and give you a link to the thread. its in the powerstroke.org projects and builds section. but wanted to share it in here so all the 6.4 guys can actually see it!

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/po...ects/838082-6-4-powerstroke-engine-build.html

its a detailed thread about pulling a 6.4 out, taking it apart, and building it up to hopefully hit a four digit number! Id love to get some input on what you guys think, if theres anything i should change, etc. Im also showing how to build a custom 6.4 single turbo kit including pedastal and custom oil lines in this thread! i will be updating it everytime i get new parts, or progress in this build in anyway. Thank you guys for looking, i hope itll help anybody planning on building there 6.4!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks interesting. Do you have a budget in mind?

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I am in for this one! Good luck on the build :ford:

Reactions: ColtonH00

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Good luck. Looking forward to your progress.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Budget on engine parts is 5500-6500. all labor is done myself, besides machine work. trans obviously isnt in budget as of now. but ill worry about that when the trucks moving again

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
That's awesome that you can do all the labor yourself. I wish I had the know how to do major engine work. Awesome job man :thumb:

Reactions: ColtonH00

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Great Build! Looking to see where it takes you!

From my experience(s) of destruction of transmissions (5) and engines (3). With your goal of RPM's in the 5500-6000 range under spray, the stock rods are going to become the next breaking point in your truck..... At the high RPM, you will grenade the lower end of the engine. The cost of the parts is WAY offset of the labor and down time.....

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts