Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. THE BLUE "FORD" OE GASKET IS MADE BY VICTOR REINZ.
2. THE BLACK DIAMOND GASKET IS THE EXACT SAME GASKET IN A DIFFERENT COLOR!!!!! Other than the COLOR, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO differences between them.....and never has been regardless of how they were stamped.
3. The color was changed due to marketing and other "business" reasons.
4. There is no "FORD Gasket" mostly because it isn't a Ford engine. It's a Navistar VT 365.
5. Navistar contracted with Mahle FOR ALL THE INTERNAL PARTS OF THE ENGINE EXCEPT THE CRANK, RODS, AND CAM.
6. If you tear apart a VT 365 out of a non- Ford vehicle such as a school bus, it will STILL have a BLUE VICTOR REINZ gasket.
7. The pistons are Mahle. The rings are Mahle.
8. MAHLE OWNS CLEVITE. All of the bearings in a 6.0 are Clevite.
9. MAHLE OWNS VICTOR REINZ. EVERY GASKET in a 6.0 is a Victor Reinz gasket.
10. Aside from the Black ONYX gasket which was failure prone and not recommended, the new FEL-PRO gasket is the only other gasket available.

Here is a link the Victor Reinz website showing that they use both blue and black in their gaskets.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So does this apply to other Black Diamond stuff like the their degas bottle?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Is it the black tiger? Or the white Liger?

Reactions: john galt

·
Administrator
21,599 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thinking I'll just have him remove it now.....and remove my presence from the forum all together. If I need to reply again I'm pretty sure it will be removed.
before you go away into the corner can you answer my question for christ sake:dunno:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
thank you :lol:

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Riddle me this... Riddle me that! Whats the story with the blurb I came across at point about somebody receiving Felpro gaskets in a FoMoCo box?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read that too and I believe that the post predates the release of the Felpro gasket. I believe what they actually got in the Ford box was a Black Diamond VR gasket instead of Blue. Or, not realizing they were the same gasket, the blue gasket was stamped VR instead of Ford.....my thought is they went through a bunch of grief for nothing.

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
1. THE BLUE "FORD" OE GASKET IS MADE BY VICTOR REINZ.
2. THE BLACK DIAMOND GASKET IS THE EXACT SAME GASKET IN A DIFFERENT COLOR!!!!! Other than the COLOR, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO differences between them.....and never has been regardless of how they were stamped.
3. The color was changed due to marketing and other "business" reasons.
4. There is no "FORD Gasket" mostly because it isn't a Ford engine. It's a Navistar VT 365.
5. Navistar contracted with Mahle FOR ALL THE INTERNAL PARTS OF THE ENGINE EXCEPT THE CRANK, RODS, AND CAM.
6. If you tear apart a VT 365 out of a non- Ford vehicle such as a school bus, it will STILL have a BLUE VICTOR REINZ gasket.
7. The pistons are Mahle. The rings are Mahle.
8. MAHLE OWNS CLEVITE. All of the bearings in a 6.0 are Clevite.
9. MAHLE OWNS VICTOR REINZ. EVERY GASKET in a 6.0 is a Victor Reinz gasket.
10. Aside from the Black ONYX gasket which was failure prone and not recommended, the new FEL-PRO gasket is the only other gasket available.

Here is a link the Victor Reinz website showing that they use both blue and black in their gaskets.
I have wanted to put something like this in the 6.0 section for YEARS!!! I was the first one on this forum to use the BD gaskets when they came out and started a thread about it and was damn near flamed off of this forum by the people that had done 0 research. Glad this is pinned.

I will also add since the tittle is "10 thing to know about OE parts" I will also add the pushrods HAVE BEEN UPDTATED!! To a shorter length. They need to be replaced with every HG job even if machine works is not going to be done.

Also add that the 03-early 04 ICP sensor should be replaced with the 05+ sensor. It is more durable and rarely leak. I.E. Fix it once fix it right and don't worry about it again.

246 Posts
Could I ask you about the pushrods? What do you mean they should be replaced? Is this why I hear some compression loss somewhere?
I did in fact have a bent pushrod that would explain the compression loss I believe my exhaust valves on #4 were stuck open. I am almost certain when I installed the pushrods after head gaskets and studs it was sitting on the rim of the lifter. On that particular push rod it is in an awkward position and appeared to be sitting in the fulcrum of the lifter but it was not. When I installed the new pushrods that same pushrod tried to do the same exact thing again, I would have to say the height looked right but the difference was minuscule like maybe .125" hardly noticeable to an untrained eye.
I have wanted to put something like this in the 6.0 section for YEARS!!! I was the first one on this forum to use the BD gaskets when they came out and started a thread about it and was damn near flamed off of this forum by the people that had done 0 research. Glad this is pinned.

I will also add since the tittle is "10 thing to know about OE parts" I will also add the pushrods HAVE BEEN UPDTATED!! To a shorter length. They need to be replaced with every HG job even if machine works is not going to be done.

Also add that the 03-early 04 ICP sensor should be replaced with the 05+ sensor. It is more durable and rarely leak. I.E. Fix it once fix it right and don't worry about it again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yea I agree I wanna hear A lil bout these updated pushrods , why are they shorter now? For newer style head gaskets only..

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
Yea I agree I wanna hear A lil bout these updated pushrods , why are they shorter now? For newer style head gaskets only..
Has nothing to do with newer gaskets. International "updated" them when the 6.4 debuted. They are shorter because it was relied that the 6.0 length was too long and lifter preload was too great. Since the 6.0 and 6.4 share lifters, pushrods, gaskets, and valve train geometry, the 6.0 ones have been superceded to the 6.4 length.

I like lamp...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dam that's nuts man lol Ima have to checkout a new set of pushrods specially if I wanna pursue 5-600hp build in future thanks !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts