Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. my f350 is getting the 1 wheel peel action. Arnt these these things equipped with a posi unit?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could of sworn that it said 3.73 posi something on the sticker. I mean the truck has every other option. Its an 08 harley f350 fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would double check the owners manual and see if you need the anti friction modifer in the diff. If it does than it's a posi.

·
Registered
736 Posts
ya it would of said limited slip like mine says 4.10 limited slip

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can i look it up by the vin? or ask the dealer?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Limited slip on these trucks suck. If you are doing a burnout, let the truck roll forward slightly when it starts to spin then mash the brake again and both wheels should start spinning, at least it will on my truck.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Ford limited slip does suck, and the gripping capability of the clutches aren't that strong. Upgrade to a Detroit Tru Trac or Detroit Locker for the ultimate in 2-wheel traction. I've got the Detroit Locker and you will ABSOLUTELY have both wheels spin together no matter what:thumb:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The Limited slip on these trucks suck. If you are doing a burnout, let the truck roll forward slightly when it starts to spin then mash the brake again and both wheels should start spinning, at least it will on my truck.

X2 that's how I do it and both tires spin.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
another one for the Detroit!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will the detroit void warranty?

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
The Ford limited slip does suck, and the gripping capability of the clutches aren't that strong. Upgrade to a Detroit Tru Trac or Detroit Locker for the ultimate in 2-wheel traction. I've got the Detroit Locker and you will ABSOLUTELY have both wheels spin together no matter what:thumb:
:thumb:

I went with the detroit tru trac since I tow a lot and tow heavy... I have never had a one wheel peel since the install :woot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts