Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding a couple things to my truck.
This is what I have in mind
-Tow power plus 72.4mm(Low Pressure)
-Airdog II
-ARP Studs
-Elite Tranny
-6.0 exhaust manifold

Wondering what kind of numbers it will put down and 1/4 estimate it'll run, with 35s and bumper replacement??

Also if you think anything else is a must with this setup let me know

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot Coolant filter and Trac bars

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Weight is factor. I would say 12.4-12.6 since you mentioned 35's and a bumper replacement (I'm assuming a heavier one). Elevation is also a factor.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would that get me into the 700 horse range?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
No, you'd be around 650-660 most likely with that 72. My old 6.4 made 641 with a 71 on stock fuel and 32" street tires.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the response. Would getting Tow Power Plus high pressure also put it into 700s?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
No, the high pressure isn't going to add much horsepower.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
For 700 I think you would need the high powers or a 75 from RCD correct?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
75/59 setup from RCD or Elite's High Power Jr's (76/59 drop-in) would get you close. Elite High Powers (76/62 Precision ball bearing low pressure) have proven to make 700 on stock fuel going by trap speed calculator.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
OP,
Do heavy duty up pipes while you are doing the 6.0 exh manny. I agree with Jeff...probably the only stock fuel only turbos that could get you to a legit (no huge correction factor, generous dyno, etc.) 700 would be the High Powers (not JHP), but the JHP combo or maybe the RCD 75/59 would probably be close...675 or so

·
Registered
129 Posts
we talking 700 wheel horsepower or 700 at the flywheel?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Do you know of any other turbo combo (or single) that could hit 700 on stock fuel?
I'm sure there are some setups that could do it, or get pretty dang close. Elite's Tow Power X setup should be close. I think Mike Corsilli from MPD was around 700 on stock fuel with a single s472. I'm sure a well matched non VGT compound setup could do it. The key there is going to be sizing the turbos so they'll spool with stock fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I'm sure there are some setups that could do it, or get pretty dang close. Elite's Tow Power X setup should be close. I think Mike Corsilli from MPD was around 700 on stock fuel with a single s472. I'm sure a well matched non VGT compound setup could do it. The key there is going to be sizing the turbos so they'll spool with stock fuel.
Thanks, I meant to say stock like spool up and 700 HP on my first post, but by the time I caught it, it was too late to edit. I have always been curious if anyone had done it with a custom set up.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Ill put it on the list.
Anyone know how durable/reliable my truck would be with all the mods stated about, high powers and elite stage 4 trans?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts