Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
........well I guess its not there fault that I have no self control...lol

Thanks to 08stroker250's constant posting about the power possibilites from the 310/TCM upgrades I have already been very close to purchasing these items. Then today while talking to Aaron at Rudy's Diesel about a TOTALLY different subject I happen to jokingly ask why he hasn't got a TCM for me yet. Well he happened to have one sitting there and of course I couldn't resist and ordered it along with the tune revisions and 310. :doh:

I know this is a good thing, but I gotta get a handle on this. This truck has been getting modded faster than any Mustang I have ever owned!!!

(I own a high performance automotive shop that primarily deals with late model Mustangs, for those who don't know)

Anyway, thanks again guys! Its going to be another long week waiting for parts for get here from back east! :drinking4:

Dyno numbers will follow shortly after getting everything in! :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Your welcome!! And get that truck on your "personal" dyno as soon as you get it all on there so we can see some more numbers lol. I think I am the only person to dyno the production file/TCM combo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yea you guys are really killing me im so behind the ball i just got pg7 dpf/cat delete 5" filter back and 275 :( yall talk botu the 310 and tcm like its pocket change lol not for a 17 yr old

·
Registered
204 Posts
........well I guess its not there fault that I have no self control...lol

Thanks to 08stroker250's constant posting about the power possibilites from the 310/TCM upgrades I have already been very close to purchasing these items. Then today while talking to Aaron at Rudy's Diesel about a TOTALLY different subject I happen to jokingly ask why he hasn't got a TCM for me yet. Well he happened to have one sitting there and of course I couldn't resist and ordered it along with the tune revisions and 310. :doh:

I know this is a good thing, but I gotta get a handle on this. This truck has been getting modded faster than any Mustang I have ever owned!!!

(I own a high performance automotive shop that primarily deals with late model Mustangs, for those who don't know)

Anyway, thanks again guys! Its going to be another long week waiting for parts for get here from back east! :drinking4:

Dyno numbers will follow shortly after getting everything in! :icon_ford:
My name is Drew and I'm addicted to Powerstrokes......HI DREW!:hehe:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! Seems to be the case!

I did fine with "mildly" modding my 7.3 and 6.0 that I had before this truck, but now things are just getting silly. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
yea you guys are really killing me im so behind the ball i just got pg7 dpf/cat delete 5" filter back and 275 :( yall talk botu the 310 and tcm like its pocket change lol not for a 17 yr old
If your 17 and have a 6.4, please dont complain about money:thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
LOL! Seems to be the case!

I did fine with "mildly" modding my 7.3 and 6.0 that I had before this truck, but now things are just getting silly. :crazy:
cool to see another californian here. I am waiting on my 310 and TCM. Should have gone through other sources, sounds like they had the TCM's in stock. Spartan was waiting for a shipment.

·
Registered
312 Posts
May I ask, what is the TCM?
It is the transmission control module. Spartan can now modify them to make the tranny work optimally.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
May I ask, what is the TCM?
Let me be the first to say :ORG welcome:

The TCM is a transmission control module that has been specially modified to increase clutch holding power in the transmission in the 6.4l automatic (5r110). It works along with custom tuning produced by a company called Spartan Diesel (who actually does the modding of the TCM's too). It's the newest thing in the 6.4l world right now. I just got mine installed today. The early trucks (called job 1 trucks) that were made in 2007 have a some-what crappy TCM. They improved it with the later trucks. The modified TCM will help any truck, but it helps the early ones the most. That is why I got one. Mine was built in april of 2007.

Welcome again. You'll love this addiction.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If your 17 and have a 6.4, please dont complain about money:thumb:
:rofl::hehe:

No kidding.... I've worked and waited over 10 years before I could honestly afford a truck like this. And you have one at 17? WTF Im 32... my first truck was 1977 scout 2 w/rotted rocker panels and floor boards that I paid $200 bucks for. your lucky kid... but also right... these parts ain't cheap :nod: I gotta go to back to Iraq just to afford to buy them :doh:

Dom

·
Registered
312 Posts
Let me be the first to say :ORG welcome:

The TCM is a transmission control module that has been specially modified to increase clutch holding power in the transmission in the 6.4l automatic (5r110). It works along with custom tuning produced by a company called Spartan Diesel (who actually does the modding of the TCM's too). It's the newest thing in the 6.4l world right now. I just got mine installed today. The early trucks (called job 1 trucks) that were made in 2007 have a some-what crappy TCM. They improved it with the later trucks. The modified TCM will help any truck, but it helps the early ones the most. That is why I got one. Mine was built in april of 2007.

Welcome again. You'll love this addiction.
What he said! :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
thanks. I don't want any addiction, just some 6.4 answers here and there
Just wait, pretty soon you'll be wanting diesel in your morning coffee instead of cream.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know man, it's kinda weird like that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts