Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Going to check out a possible new truck tomorrow. Its a 2008 F250 XL with the straight bench front and rear. I wont be able to do it immediately due to cost, but is it possible to remove these bench seats for a bucket/console/bucket configuration? That is, without drilling or cutting holes and welding brackets in the floor of the cab? The truck is a great deal and interior is clean, but no armrest will drive me crazy after a while! As for the back seat, I would like to see either an XLT or lariat style rear bench, no armrest needed in the back. Thanks in advance,
-Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Seats are a straight bolt in, no cutting or drilling required with few exceptions. The jumpseat in the 2011+ trucks may require a couple of holes drilled in an earlier truck is what I'm hearing. The rear bench in the higher trim trucks will have a fold down armrest/coupleholder already in them. As for the fronts, your main hurdle will be power if you get power seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tower! appreciate the quick response. Any idea where to find used or new seats other than a junkyard?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called the dealer this morning to let them know I was on my way for the truck. They said theyd be waiting. They called back and turns out one of there employees took it out for a drive Friday and smashed up the box backing into something. So its in the body shop at the dealer, don't know if I want to wait or not. I love new trucks but man I hate the shopping part of it! Thanks for the help anyways, if I decide to get this truck after its fixed I will definitely check the for sale section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts