Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys tomorrow i am moving up to bham alabama have a 28ft race car hauler i am curently running the 275 tune my question is what tune should i tow with????

·
Registered
363 Posts
People tow with the 275 but really keep an eye on your temps. The 210 should be good. Ive never switched off the 210.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
There was a post by Matt @ Spartan and if I remember correctly the 210 is the ticket because it will defuel if pushed to hard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree the 210 is Great!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I took about a 300 mile trip, towed with the 275 on the way, and 210 on way home. The 275 did better on fuel, however, I really felt better(comfort wise) towing with the 210 on the way home.

After that little test, I'm a 210 guy for towing.

And mine was just my boat and a bunch of weekend stuff, maybe between 4 and 5k. With your load it will probably be much heavier. If all else fails, try both, see which one you are most comfortable with.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've got a 24' Edge race trailer and I've pulled with both the 275 and 210 with a full load (about 9.5-10K). Temps and boots jump up real quick when I hit and decent grades with the 275. I will stay with the 210 to be safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I tow my 31' travel trailer with the 210,250 & 275. I like the 275 tune the best and I don't horse it to much and it tow's with ease. I've found out of the 3 tunes the 250 seem's to get the best milege on my truck with hand calculation with the 275 being close and the 210 being the lowest.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Whenever I towed anything over 10K I just bumped it down to the tranny tune, there was no-sense in hauling azz with a load that heavy and the drag strip/sled pulling is one thing but towing through a mountain range(s) is another :thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Whenever I towed anything over 10K I just bumped it down to the tranny tune, there was no-sense in hauling azz with a load that heavy and the drag strip/sled pulling is one thing but towing through a mountain range(s) is another :thumb:
Hey Julian
What do these truck's run for EGT's when they are stock in REGEN?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I pull a 14,000# Grand Junction 5th wheel and live here in Washington State, I use the 210 most of the times, but when going over Chinook Pass I drop down to the 175 and have no issues with exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts