Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for about two years now I have been wanting to convert my towing mirrors to the ones found on the 08+ trucks. Not only do I think they look way better than the 99-07 mirrors but they also actually allow you to see SO MUCH more and actually help get rid of the blind spots that the original mirrors were prone to.
I bought these exact mirrors from the following link:
1999 - 2007 Ford F250 Truck Ford F250 Truck Super Duty Mirror Power Heated Signal & Clearance Light Telescoping UPGRADE Pair at 1AAuto.com
Fitment on these is GREAT. Install was EASY. Simply plug and play. Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. I'll let you guys determine if you like em or not. I know I like em so I am not planning on pulling them off. While I do think the looks are nicer, the thing that is simply AMAZING is that these mirrors allow you to see SO MUCH more than other ones did. The little mirror shows way more to help get rid of the blind spots that the old mirrors were notorious for. I think for the money, these things are the bomb and I would highly recommend them. Hope this helps.

Here are the old ones.

Here are the new ones.

Sorry about the large Sig picture. I will shrink it down later this evening.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how bad the actual mirrors blur out at highway speeds. 08+ style mirrors have been one of my planned upgrades for a long time.
My OEM ones didn't really blur to badly at hwy speeds. I do recall sometimes when they did seem like they were just a little blurry but the main thing for me was the HUGE blind spots.

No these are not power folding. They are heated just the OEM ones were and are powered adjusting but not power telescoping and/or power folding. These function exactly the same as the OEM ones did.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
You can buy OEM power fold, power extend on eBay for $420.00 just search for 260993981567

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
My OEM ones didn't really blur to badly at hwy speeds. I do recall sometimes when they did seem like they were just a little blurry but the main thing for me was the HUGE blind spots.
How does the blurring on these compare to the OEM's that you replaced?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can buy OEM power fold, power extend on eBay for $420.00 just search for 260993981567
I guess it wouldn't have been too bad to get the power extend and fold for an extra $100. Oh well, I am just glad that I am able to still have everything that my old mirrors had and they work so much better.

How does the blurring on these compare to the OEM's that you replaced?
In all honesty it is hard to say because of how mirror image just seems to allow such a better view, these do seem better than my old ones. Again not that I really noticed blurring with my old ones but these have such a nice clear image and it feels like I can really see a whole lot more than I use to, they really make it nice when driving down the hwy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have been wanting to do these for ever, ever since i drove an 08 for a road test. its amazing how much you can see with them.

however the wife has really cracked down on my truck parts/modification purchases. i got an ear full over the LED reverse lights (4 of them total) and the injectors and regulated return i just purchased. epic fail on my part...

side note, coming from a photographer, ditch the time stamp, really destroys a photo of a nice truck/photo.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Mirrors look great Nate. I wanna do mine and get the top cap either chrome or white. Glad you like em'.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Matt. I am REALLY glad I went this route. Now as long as they keep working they'll be ok. I can't believe I went this long without getting them. Oh well.

I think white caps would look SWEET on your truck. I know I wouldn't pay anyone to paint them though. I would just scuff em up and spray em with some gloss white (and maybe some clear coat) and put em on.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
mirrors look awesome Nate!! :thumb: One of our members, Patrick, just got some of these and he loves them....I think he got them from the same place. Curious to see how they hold up b/c these are DEF on my list.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
mirrors look awesome Nate!! :thumb: One of our members, Patrick, just got some of these and he loves them....I think he got them from the same place. Curious to see how they hold up b/c these are DEF on my list.
Holding up perfectly. I have absolutely no complaints. I picked mine up from 1A Auto...

GPDA Member...

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Nate those look great. I have been looking to do the same

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nate those look great. I have been looking to do the same
Thanks guys. Yea I have really no worries about them holding up. The quality, fit and finish seemed every bit (if not better) as good as the mirrors I pulled off.

I can't believe I didn't do them sooner.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Yeah, I've test driven a '08 before and that was THE first thing I ever noticed(other than the beautifully useful center console :D) but I've heard good things from 1AAUTO so I don't doubt they're good quality. I've just got to get my go-go fast list done before I EVEN try to talk the "boss" into these :taze: :hehe:

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Looks really good Nate! I love mine, and I know exactly what you're talking about. These things really help out a lot more than the OEM ones that come on our trucks. You wouldn't think they would - but every GPDA member that I show these to at our G2Gs, puts them on their list of things to get. Haha!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I just ordered a st of these as I just bought a 34' 5th wheel today. I'm sure I will need these and mine aren't heated. Does anyone know where I can I get the door panel with the heater switch? Is that just a dealer item? Thank you Nate for all your good tips, I love my CTS and have a sct on the way from Doug @ GoGo.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts