Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find out my gauge mounting options on an '08 SuperDuty. I would prefer a pillar mount, but can't find one anywhere. Does anybody know of a source?

So far all I have found is an above the mirror option, and I'd really rather not do that if possible.

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are a few other options:

Speed of Sound 2005+ Ford Mustang Radio Panels

Here is the Autometer Number for the Triple Gauge Pillar Pod: 17313 -Autometer

I finally got a chance to call Speed of Sound and talk to them about their mounts. They said that the radio/gauge mount for the 2005+ Mustang would work if some modifications were made to the mount. They said that the actual square opening on the Mustang and Super Duty are the same size but the Mustang radio has a slightly different mounting depth than the Super Duty radio. They said it can be made to work, but just not a direct bolt in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I finally got a chance to call Speed of Sound and talk to them about their mounts. They said that the radio/gauge mount for the 2005+ Mustang would work if some modifications were made to the mount. They said that the actual square opening on the Mustang and Super Duty are the same size but the Mustang radio has a slightly different mounting depth than the Super Duty radio. They said it can be made to work, but just not a direct bolt in.
Did they happen to say it they would be willing to make/offer one for a SD??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did they happen to say it they would be willing to make/offer one for a SD??
I asked the same question when I had them on the phone. They said they do not have any plans as of right now to offer anything for the Super Duty, but possibly sometime in the future. He said that they were very busy with their current products.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wanted a pillar mount, but needed to keep the handle for my wife. Ended up with the Edge Insight. Has all the readings you would want and more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts