Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will an 08 steering wheel fit on an 05-07? i think it would look sharp and match my console.:dunno:

·
Registered
736 Posts
i think it would they are nice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will it fit an '04?

·
Registered
195 Posts
has anyone done this yet??

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
idk if it will but it would look badass i love my steering wheel

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
thought about it but wasn't sure how the wiring would line up

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'd be curious as well - One of my LEAST favorite thing about my '05 F350 is the ugly wheel - I hate how Ford used it in the trucks/vans for SO long!

If I could swap an 08+ wheel in and actually use the steering wheel controls, that'd be AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Agreed. I hope someone gives it a shot and let's everyone know. It would be my next mod for sure. I hate the wheel in this '06. Not to mention the horn is shorted inside the wheel.
Good excuse for swapping. :woot:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the wiring because any decent stereo shop can "make" all the buttons work to whatever function you want.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I am currently looking for an 08 wheel and plan to make everything work I'll make a thread after I find one

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I read somewhere that the splines were different so the entire column would need to be changed, or modded wheel...anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I read somewhere that the splines were different so the entire column would need to be changed, or modded wheel
That's my big concern. Not the wiring.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
sweet find man

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
will that steering wheel fit our trucks

·
Registered
338 Posts
I read that the 08+ uses a different bolt or something and it wouldn't work. It was in that thread about the guy that makes the steering wheels with the wood grain. Not sure what the thread name is though

·
Registered
320 Posts
There are a few complete columns on ebay, I am keeping my eye on one, plan on doing the wheel and hopefully the shifter, and turn signal with plastic, to hold me up until I do 08+ Dash swap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts