Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '08 with just over 22k on the clock. Taking it back in to have the radiator replaced tomorrow under warranty (they say it's leaking, haven't seen it leak yet, lol). Anyway, I've had it go into what I assume is regen mode three times this week. Seems like every couple days when I pull up somewhere and put it in park, the RPM's jump up to about 800-900 and stay there for a few mins and then idle back down. I have no indication on the dash of a regen cycle. Does anyone know of the most recent flash for this thing so I can ask for it by name?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
the recent is 9-19-10. The only indication with this flash is "cleaning exhaust filter" will pop up for 5 seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
my 08 wont tell me either, infect it doesn't really do it at all. my buddy said his work truck goes to regen mode ALOT!!

im getting the DPF delete/programer this weekend so it wouldn't really matter. if you dont like the fuel it burns or the regen mode then i think i speak for everyone when i say you should GET THE PROGRAMER/DPF DELETE.

hmmmm. . . . 22k on the ticker. . . i can only imagine your response to my post lol
good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
sorry to jack your thread, but is there any other reason to get these trucks reflashed? my "cleaning exhaust filter" stays up throught out the procces and i would like to keep it that way. so other than that does it give you any performance gains or anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. I would love to have the benefits of the DPF delete/Programmer, but for now I don't want to void the warranty. Would just a plug and play programmer (like a bully dog gt, etc.) help with the fuel economy? Something I could take off if it needed to go to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Lol. I would love to have the benefits of the DPF delete/Programmer, but for now I don't want to void the warranty. Would just a plug and play programmer (like a bully dog gt, etc.) help with the fuel economy? Something I could take off if it needed to go to the dealer.
Those types will void your warranty, you need to check out the tuners that are very hard to trace.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
08 F450 6.4

We are currently trying to decide how the best way to reprogram and DPF delete two of my trucks. I drive my truck bout 1,000 miles per week. 40% of the time towing 12,000lbs the other 60% empty. I have a gear vendor unit and that works great. I have a local company that is recommending SCT unit with a custom tune. This is from Browns Deisel. I believe these guys are a good firm however, everything I see on the forum recommends the Spartan system. What do you all think?

thanks
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top