Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just wanted to share something that happened to me. I called up a local exhaust shop( i live in middle of nowhere Sask) to see what exhaust would cost me for my truck as I have a sct livewire 9625or i want to install and am going to rip out the cat and dpf. I can get a cat/dpf delete pipe with bungs on ebay for around $250 (we get raped here for parts). I can also get a full exhaust with muffer from smokem diesel shipped to my door for $460. Both have bungs. Anyhow , i thought id call this repected muffler shop and see if they could help me out with prices etc. The guy quotes me $700 for the full exhaust(no muffer).Also 5 hours labour @ $85/hr to install it and program my tuner. So he said over $1200 totol. I almost coughed up my lunch. Where do these guys get off? Same place i had a tire fixed, and next morning it was flat again. took it to kal tire and they put 4 more plugs in it. i will never buy anything from them.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Are you saying to never go to Kal Tire? Or is Kal Tire the place you took it to fix what the original place did not fix?

I'm not surprised it was that expensive for a local shop to make your exhaust. The big manufacturers mass produce this stuff and already have the angles determined in their mandrels...a lot less time. If you took an exhaust system that you purchased to a shop to have them put it on, if the business knows what they're doing, it shouldn't take more than an hour to 2 hours to put on any exhaust.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sounds about right haha, ****ty deal.

Where is Sask are you? Did you get a pipe yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i live in gravelbourg. about 1500 people here and not much for business. i moved from bc 4 years ago cause i lost my job and wanted to buy a cheaper house and maybe get away from the craziness of the fraser valley. Just hate having to drive an hour minimum to get anything. oh well cant have both. The exhaust the guy quoted me was a prefab unit like ebay , just way more money. It actually wasnt a muffler shop, but integra tire. they do both. kal tire were the ones who fixed my tire right. i have the tuner and am prob just going to get a cat/dpf delete pipe with bungs for now. truck already has an s and b intake as well. just really ****ty fuel mileage. extra 160 hp and 300 tq prob wont hurt either.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Hit up Dirty Diesel Customs in Alberta. They opened their doors back up. They should be able to get you exhaust at a better price. Or jump on that $460 deal.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I agree with Jeff. Dirty diesel seems to be a pretty good place to get stuff. Customer service is great too. :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok.thanks. I see you have egr delete. Want to do that next year. Is it something an average backyard mechanic,like me haha, can do?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Dang, my shop here in Auburn quoted me $585 installed for MBRP duals with DPF/CAT delete!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ok.thanks. I see you have egr delete. Want to do that next year. Is it something an average backyard mechanic,like me haha, can do?
For sure you can do it. It is just time consuming so beer is a must :D.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks guys. its cool i can go on here and talk to guys with similar trucks. i love my truck. its terrible on fuel, but i have a big smile everytime i get in it. it is just leveled with 35 inch m thompsons and its a beast. idk how you guys lift these things and put huge tires on them ha ha. id need a ladder!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts