Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too was underwelmed with mileage increase. Power was impressive..with only 50-75 degree increase, in EGT..at least that is what I observed...not towing....foot on the floor up to about 80 mph.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Any tuning that keeps the DPF in place and active will not give huge gains. If they throw enough fuel at it for large power gains the DPF will plug rather quickly causing excessive regen and thus poor fuel economy. The guys with custom tuning and dpf delete are seeing big hp and 20+ mpg.

My dilema would be basically giving up my warranty for a few extra hp and mpg. Of course I was scared to death to tune my 6.0 but don't regret it for a minute since I have. Seemingly the 6.4 isn't having much in the way of warranty issues, but I would like to hear from some guys that have returned to stock and had warranty work done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a Max Energy on my bosses truck last week, and it lost 1 mpg on a 150 mile road trip according to the computer. I used the programmer to adjust for tire size from 30 to 32, so I would have expected the overhead to really respond to this just by itself. He did say that running around town did not appear to be down as much. He said that power off the line was REALLY off, and thet it took the power a while to kick back in. I wonder if the program is optomized for the dual turbo config???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts