Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Air Superiority On Demand
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance. I am in the middle of a cross country move, and all the Ford dealers are closed on Sunday. I was towing a car on a car carrier over the mountains between Phoenix and San Diego this afternoon when my truck went into reduced power mode. The truck is stock, was working pretty hard, and I have been towing for several days. For the past 2 days it has been regen-ing more often than I expected. About an hour prior to this occuring I was almost out of diesel and borrowed some from a can from a tow truck. The next time I filled up I put some injector cleaner in and it didn't help. As other people have indicated, after restarting it runs normal for approximately 10 minutes. Temps and oil/coolant levels are normal, and I can't find anything else abnormal. This was all in tow/haul mode. Any ideas? Bad diesel? Does California still have non low-sulfur around? Will running the truck all day tomorrow be risky? A family friend that works on commercial diesels suggested changing the fuel filter right off the bat. That seems to make since, couldn't hurt, and I could get it done in the morning. Opinions? Thanks again.

·
Air Superiority On Demand
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to follow up. Changing the fuel filter didn't fix it, but was good to knock out anyways. This turned out to be a bad thermostat. Apparently the 6.4 has 2, which was why the temperature remained normal. I'd recommend Elm Ford in Woodland, CA to anybody in the Sacramento area. They were very military friendly and went out of their way to get us going despite being extremely busy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts