Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 6.4 smoking white when accelerating at times

9K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SD350 
#1 · (Edited)
08 6.4 Ford F250. The truck smokes when acclerating at times, it did it 3 times yesterday. I haven't had the truck long and its all stock, just ordered a dpf delete exhaust and chip. I'm wondering if its a clogged dpf, I haven't had any check engine lights at the moment, if anyone has had similar problems please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ·
probably smoking while the truck is in regen.

This is in the wrong section. Should be posted over in 6.4

#3 ·
this was a common problem that has a TSB for it. You should be able to find it in the 6.4 section. If memory serves me right, I think it had something to do with the intercooler.
Good luck,

Dom

#4 ·
Was it raining or very high humidity? Was you driving at one speed with low boost for 10 minutes or more? If so the intercooler may be collecting water due to condensation and it goes in the intake when high boost is applied. TSB 8-25-1

Also wrong forum. Please move!

#5 ·
Fuel and water problems will both blow white. You can smell the glycol in the exhaust or steam rises and fuel and oil fall. And 6.0's blow

#6 ·
Ever figure out why it smokes? mine does too, blows more black smoke than my 6 leaker did when i had it. Everythings stock, runs great, and has good boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.