Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum hope you guys can help me out. I have a 2008 f350 6.4 that I recently bought. Was running great and decided to do oil change, radiator flush, rear end fluid change and fuel filter change. Drove well after tune up. A week after tune I felt it miss twice driving down the road but never did anything else. A week later it randomly shut off going down the road but fired right back up. Did that twice. Changed the cam sensor hoping it would fix it. A week later died at an intersection had to have towed home. Got it home and it fired right up. Lost to say the least. Could I still have air in the fuel system from a couple weeks ago?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you have any dash lights come on just before it died? There is an issue - apparently involving the batteries 'overheating', that causes the truck to randomly die. I experienced it three times last summer. Twice the truck started back up after I hung out for 10'ish minutes and disconnected/reconnected the batteries (which are new DieHard AGM's). All three times the airbag and/or ABS light came on 20-30 seconds prior to the truck dying.

Losing power brakes and steering 'unexpectedly' at 65 mph is no joke. Do you have any issues that may be raising your under-hood temps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts