Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my issue: P0231, P0562, Airbag Light Code 32, Steering Wheel Audio Controls Inop

Issue started a few weeks ago. I changed my factory head unit single disc to a factory head unit 6 disc (from a 2006). The 6 disc unit only had 2 weeks of use back in 06 before the owner changed his system out. It has been in storage since. All functions work except steering wheel controls. My steering wheel controls worked with my original unit. Climate control and cruise buttons still work properly. About a week after installing the 6 disc head unit (3 weeks ago) the airbag light started flashing code 32. Last week my MIL came on with a code P0231, P0562. Today I checked the inertial fuel cut off switch circuit, fuel pump circuit, and fuel pump monitoring circuit using the Chilton Pinpoint test "M". Everything passed as it should. Last step is to perform PCM self check, i couldn't find instructions for that.

To rule out the head unit, I pulled the head unit out and all codes are still present. After putting the head unit back in, the steering wheel controls worked but the head unit controls did not. About 20 sec later the steering wheel controls quit again, now the head unit controls work. Airbag Light and code 32 still present.

I ran a KOEO and KOER test, only faults are the P0231, P0562, and airbag code 32. Experts please help!

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had the batteries tested again, passed then failed so I bought new batteries. Viola, codes are gone. I still have the steering wheel controls issue though. Any advice on how to test audio control module?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts