Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 Ford F-250 that is giving me fits with an intermittent problem. The truck has 95,000 miles on it. I have had numerous problems with the stock egr valve. A few weeks ago, I had loss of throttle while driving the truck. The c.e.l. came on moments later. I had the code read and found it to be the egr valve, yet again... I replaced it with a new valve from Ford. A few days later while driving, the truck began to run rough with no power. I could floor the accelerator and it would lag a while and then with a puff of black smoke, it would take off hard. As soon as you let out the throttle, it would hesitate again. Eventually, the c.e.l. would come back on. It was read again and showed a P2099 code. I believe that was the code, if I remember correctly. Anyhow, it was an exhaust code according to the mechanic I use. I then had the cat removed. It has a straight pipe from the turbo back now. I was driving home from the shop and all the sudden, I lost throttle. The truck began to have a weak idle and killed itself once I got pulled off of the roadway. To add to my frustrations, it would not restart for a few minutes. I did get it started and had to idle in drive to my diesel mechanic's shop two miles away. The c.e.l. came on and was found again to be the exhaust code. He cleared it, drove it 10-12miles with no problem/hesitation/throttle loss. He stated everything was inside their proper parameters. Except for the oil pressure. He related that it was lower than some trucks at crank but, was high enough for it to crank. I left the shop and had no more issues. The next day I started the truck, it had a weak idle and killed itself. It started back up right away and ran fine. No c.e.l. showed at the time. This has happened a couple more times without a code. Has anyone had a similar issue like this? My first thought was that I bought some bad diesel in a one horse town earlier this month. Now I am leaning towards a bad sensor somewhere. I'm just not sure which one. Currently, I don't have a programmer to monitor the vitals. I have an Edge CTS install planned for the near future. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
KP

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed quite a bit of white smoke coming out this morning from a cold start. I drove a few miles and the smoke went away. The truck is running normal temperature, according to the stock gauge and has not overheated. I checked the reservoir and it has plenty of coolant in it. I may remove the egr valve to see if there is any fluid inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not mechanic. But I'm having similar problems out of my 03. Mine cuts out going down road. Hard to start after running. And low oil pressure. But mine keeps burning up ipr valves

1 - 3 of 3 Posts