Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 F350 that didn't come with Fog Lights. I bought some fog lights and I was wondering if it had the wiring from the bumper to the dash? I could buy a headlight switch w/ fog light controls and use the stock harness. So, does it have the stock harness? Or will I have to run wire? Thanks fella's!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2005 F250 and I just installed factory fog lights,unfortunately you have to run wire,mine didn't have any harness.I just wired them to switch. Auto Zone has the pigtails you'll need for the light bulbs.The same plug as the 9006 bulb uses. Tis way you can use the fogs with the high beams.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Autozone didn't have those pigtails... What do I do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can try a salvage yard,( I was wrong, it's the pigtail for the 9005 bulb), This is the number of the high beam bulb in a vehicle with a four headlight system. My 99 Silverado had these bulbs, for example. You can cut the plug (pigtail) from any of these vehicles with a four headlight system. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUMP BUMP Can I use the 12 volt power from my parking lights since I want my fog lights to come on when they do? Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i found it on ebay one time, it was a factory fog light install kit. it came with the factory switch harness any everything. its was like 250$ tho.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yea, you can use the parking light power, but you may want to use a relay so the fog lights wont overload the circut.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i snagged a full factory ford install kit off craigslist from a guy, everything was there and untouched, i got it for $120 not a bad deal huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts