Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 06 f250 just put reman heads from ford all new gaskets, egr delete, and ARP studs, its been together for about 2months now no problems ive been running a street tune on it never really beating on it, so drove to work the other day and noticed a little puddle of antifreeze under the truck looked under and it was dripping off the starter drove it home looked around and seen that the passenger side bottom rear corner of the head gasket was a little wet had a little drip on it. So this is what i am wondering did the studs come loose or did ford send me an untrue head since they do not surface them???? I did blow out all the holes when i put the studs in made sure there was nothing in them, then torqed in three stages to 210ft lbs

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm curious what people have to say about this cause I noticed mine dripping off the starter also couldn't find any leaks but the passenger side head was a little wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i hope to get this resolved i dont want to keep driving it and have it blow out

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah I hear you there I'm thinking it may be the the coolant return for the egr delete leaking and dripping down the valley and that happens to be where it runs off I haven't had a chance to look into yet

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yeah I hear you there I'm thinking it may be the the coolant return for the egr delete leaking and dripping down the valley and that happens to be where it runs off I haven't had a chance to look into yet

Very likely, have seen it posted before.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked in the valley at and didnt see anything and also there is nothing running down from the valley its just that bottom corner off the headgasket dripping and it seems to do it only when its sitting for awhile

·
Registered
593 Posts
From what I have read there seems to be a block plug above the starter that should also be checked. I haven't had a moment to remove the starter and see yet but I'm gonna give that a shot

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
There is a block plug just above the starter even with the wire terminals on the starter. Try looking there and also check your block heater where it goes into the block at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i checked all of that mine is dripping off the head up higher

1 - 9 of 9 Posts