Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a code that comes back as soon as I erase it. It's C1175 Left Rear wheel speed sensor input circuit failure ...My first question is how do I get a Left (or Right) Rear issue when the truck only has 1 sensor in the middle of the dif??? The original sensor had no resistance, the new sensor had no resistance, even a third new sensor had no resistance...shouldn't these sensors show resistance for testing?? I have 11 or 12 volts at the sensor connector, key on. I have no AC volts from the sensor with the wheels turning.
When I drive the truck I get an intermittent code C1233 LF wheel speed sensor input missing?? I haven't troubleshooted the C1233 yet....Advice about both codes would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a code that comes back as soon as I erase it. It's C1175 Left Rear wheel speed sensor input circuit failure ...My first question is how do I get a Left (or Right) Rear issue when the truck only has 1 sensor in the middle of the dif??? The original sensor had no resistance, the new sensor had no resistance, even a third new sensor had no resistance...shouldn't these sensors show resistance for testing?? I have 11 or 12 volts at the sensor connector, key on. I have no AC volts from the sensor with the wheels turning.
When I drive the truck I get an intermittent code C1233 LF wheel speed sensor input missing?? I haven't troubleshooted the C1233 yet....Advice about both codes would be greatly appreciated.
Update - The rear wheel speed sensor is good now...I ordered a Chinese pigtail that fits the sensor but the polarity is reversed!!! Talk about frustrating!! Now I still have both front wheel sensors throwing codes after I clear them and start driving...I brake, the abs pump runs, the codes are thrown, my light comes on..and the abs pump stops coming on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone can offer advice, I would really appreciate it.
Did new front wheel sensors while everything was apart for a full brake job`, just so I wouldn't have issues in future.
With all codes cleared, NO abs light on, I start driving...
  • I brake and I feel the abs pump, still no light on.
  • I brake again from a faster speed, I feel abs pump
  • I start driving again and the light comes on
  • When the light comes on the abs no longer works, brakes just feel normal and light is on with 2 codes,
LF wheel sensor and RF wheel sensor.
Is it possible that its a shimming issue??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you jack up the truck at the front axle and checked the wheel bearing clearance?
No, I suppose I should check that, just seems weird that it's only since I did new sensors but you are right, since it will only throw codes while driving, it has to be tone ring, wheel bearing or shimming I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's one for yas.
Clear the ABS light, start the truck, light stays off...all seems good. Start driving slowly, touch brakes, abs pump comes on while braking on dry pavement, after applying brakes 2 or three times, light comes back on...braking now feels normal and pump stops coming on (since any codes will cause override of ABS system)
CODES - 1175, 1233 both front wheel sensor input codes...Wheel sensors are both new, everything is clean, problem began after recent full brake job, including calipers. Bleeding done with vacuum bleeder, didn't allow fluid to get too low, pedal feels perfect.....Is it possible that I need to do an ABS bleed for some strange reason?
Triple checked tone rings, clearances, voltage, wiring, fuses, bearings and front end....all good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem. Replaced sensors, reset codes etc. Eventually the the ABS light just stayed and on. Replaced the abs module, no change. The problem turned out to be a bad ground connection for the ABS controller. The ground is located near the front left battery, A ring terminal screwed onto the body of the truck. Turns out Ford painted the ground connections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a similar problem. Replaced sensors, reset codes etc. Eventually the the ABS light just stayed and on. Replaced the abs module, no change. The problem turned out to be a bad ground connection for the ABS controller. The ground is located near the front left battery, A ring terminal screwed onto the body of the truck. Turns out Ford painted the ground connections.
Appreciate your input, I thought I cleaned all my grounds but I don't recall one by the battery....I will have to look into that, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.