Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had this issues for the past 2 1/2 years and taking the vehicle to several diesel repair shops within the Hampton roads Virginia areas. No one can figure out what is wrong with my truck so I will explain it. While driving at 50 mph and being lite on the pedal with RPM at about 1200 cruising down the street. I will be driving and I go to push on the pedal to go faster and nothing, vehicle will not drive faster and RPM will not move. Now If I take my foot off the pedal and reapply vehicle acts normal and drives . So with me taking to several shops in the area. No one can figure out why or what could be causing it. I've even taken Mechanics on test drives and showed them what its doing. They still can't figure it out. So I just got my truck out of the shop. Had it for almost 3 weeks ,and got it back yesterday. Was told they reset the computer and could not make it do it again. So as I'm driving home. I get to the point of 50MPH and about 1200 RPM and guess what It is still having the same issues. didn't even get 4 miles away from the shop. I've replaced the pedal assemble with sensors . So the truck has been modified with the normal 6.0 things everything except head studs. and tuned for towing So if anyone has any good ideas that would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have had a similar issue with my '06. Every now and again at around 1800~2000 RPM while driving at highway speeds the truck seems to hesitate. The engine seems to struggle and lacks power. Taking my foot off the pedal and then giving it throttle again clears it up for a minute, and then it does it again. After 5 or 6 "cycles" of this it will sometimes clear up for a while, sometimes not. I can't pin it down to anything specific.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,252 Posts
Only a guess without codes and/or the vehicle to test. That said, I will guess you have a sticking turbo.

You also should check the EBP sensor to make sure it isn't carboned up. Also make sure the EBP sensor tube (that ties into the drivers side exhaust manifold) is clear. Lastly, make sure the MAP sensor hose doesn't have any cracks or leaks, and that it isn't plugged up. That includes the MAP sensor nipple on the intake manifold (passenger side).

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts