Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

06 6.0L shifts late & runs rough cold

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  redsmoke 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 6.0L 250 Super Duty. Ran like a champ until lately, just under 89k miles on it. When it starts, especially on cool mornings (mid 50s is the coolest so far), it won't shift out of lower gears until high RPMs, and it seems to be running rough at those higher RPMs too. By the time i've driven a few miles, all is fine, and she's good the rest of the day. Any ideas? Thanks!

#4 ·
Have you every had your truck flashed. Sounds like you do not have the latest inductive heating flash. Had a buddys truck doing the same. Was a little hard to start and shifted terrible for about 1-2 miles. I sent him in to get the latest flash and all was better. JJ

#9 ·
Mine stumbles for a minute if I dont let it warm up a little when its below 30. After about 4 blocks its normal though. Its worse in some tunes than others

#11 ·
Mine was doing this for months. It ended up being a couple injectors. Not saying the new FICM tuning wouldnt fix it. It just took that long before it finally got bad enough to pick up a bad injector on the computer. When hooked to the computer and drove when it ran rough #2 and 4 were a little off from the rest. Then #2 went out so replaced 2 and 4 and wolla problem fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.