Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 F250 with 15,000 miles and I'm wondering what problems I might be in for?
Is it being a 06 that that I'm lucky and most earlier problems are fixed?

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
you never really know. but from what i heard 06 is a good year.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
:ORG welcome:

I will have to say that I have been extremely happy with mine. No issues to date, and I have a few mods nothing over the top and I run ID's extreme race tune as my daily driver. With that said I don't dog the heck out of it either. So, so far so good :icon_ford:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 06 w/ 95,000 on it. Had 1 injector go out at about 80,000 and thats it. Cost me 100 buck w/ factory warrenty! Im also having some steering issue but so far cant figure it out. Good luck w/ yours sould love it!!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
just the obvious problems..EGR, headbolts, stupid plastic intercooler pipe on the cold side lol

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
welcome to powerstroke.org

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks for the info lovin it so far
Have the Edge Evo on the way to me and leveling kit

Loved my 03 7.3L

·
Registered
75 Posts
I myself just purchased a 2006 F250 with 31k on it and hopefully there won't be any issues with the truck. After running an Oasis report the only issue so far was the previous owner replacing the EGR Valve at about 30,500 miles.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
I have about 20k on mine, and haven't had any issues with the truck, except for the death wobble. Its still there after taking it to the dealership 3 times, but it is much better and driveable now. IMO steer away from the Edge products, they don't like the auto trannies. I have the SCTXcal2 with ID's tunes, and have been running it on the street tune since about 6k. Interestingly enough, "ID's Eric" just got some good props from a guy featured in the latest diesel power mag.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

Loved my 03 7.3L
The edge was a bad decision. You should of gone w/ SCT custom tunes IMO. From what I have read on here and seen w/ my buddy's 6.0. Nothing but problems...

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts

Loved my 03 7.3L
Curious, after all that was said to you about the SCT why did you go with the Edge?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mine has 80k just had a tranny put in this week... and will have studs and EGR delete next month... I love it though!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well when I did car audio and performance installs I did a edge juice on a dually cc w/ 7.3L ,K&N intake kit and it was just a awesome difference so thats the only reason why I did I'm new to the 6.0L
But thanks for the info
oh and the edge showed up today LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts