Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad had some crazy stuff going on with his 6.0 today. We live on a ranch 54 miles from town and today he was on his way to Alb. with a trailer to get some feed and his truck started vibrating and loosing power before he got to town. So he went straight to Ford and they put two injectors in it and reprogramed it and sent him on his way. Well he got his load and headed home, probably drove about 150 miles and it started doing it again, he said by the time he got to the ranch 15mph was top speed! So tomarro he is going to have it towed to the dealer. Could these injectors be going bad from bad diesel? He said his water in fuel light has never come on. He is sure glad he bought the 200k extended warranty, no deductable and they tow for free! Anybody else had these symptoms? I have had 2 6.0's and have never had one act like this. I will post what they find out tomarro.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Bio Fuel Maybe?
HPOP bad?
Hope he get's it rite
Let us know for sure

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bio Fuel Maybe?
HPOP bad?
Hope he get's it rite
Let us know for sure
No Bio Fuel for sure. He has his fuel delivered to the ranch, he is thinking he might have got a bad load, but my sister has a 7.3 that seems to be ok. I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
My 6.0 is starting to act up on me...let me know what you find out so I can see if mine is doing the same thing

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does he have CEL on? Also the 6.0s are a lot more picky on the fuel than a 7.3 so I would check the fuel. If the fuel is good check the injector harness for rubbing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not talked to my Dad to see if Ford found anything yet. I have a friend with a 6.0 that did the same stuff and it was injectors. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they replaced 2 more injectors and a fuel pump. They brought it back to the ranch and used it a few days and the same thing all over!! Five miles per hour top speed and dieing. Ford has it now again, they are not the best shop in the world. Something has to be making the injectors go out, no water in fuel lights, and no CEL's, go figure! If anybody has any more ideas let me know.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Well they replaced 2 more injectors and a fuel pump. They brought it back to the ranch and used it a few days and the same thing all over!! Five miles per hour top speed and dieing. Ford has it now again, they are not the best shop in the world. Something has to be making the injectors go out, no water in fuel lights, and no CEL's, go figure! If anybody has any more ideas let me know.
Maybe the wrong type of oil or a clogged cat.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
when wuz the last time he changed the fuel filters ???

·
Registered
999 Posts
well if they changed fuel pump they did the filter it is the same housing

Matt

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the truck is still in the shop. The fuel filters had been changed the last oil change, this truck is on a good maintenance shedual so everything is usually really top notch. I will let you know when they get it back.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I have had that happen with a bad kitty on a smaller vehicle. Kitty usually is glowing red when it is bad... GL

·
Registered
905 Posts
sounds like the normal 6.0 problem to me. a guy that hauls hay for us has an 07 f450. and its been in the shop 10 or so times now. and he doesnt even have 40k miles on it. His was doing the same thing. start missing and sounds like crap. and then loss of power. i believe they have had to fix the following - egr valve, injectors, turbo, re-map the computer. And its always the same problems. How many miles are on your dads truck ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts