Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard mixed comments about the stock intake on a 06 6.0. I will have a 4" turbo back mbrp and the sct from DJ...do i need a aftermarket intake?

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
you don't "need" aftermarket the stock will flow fine for ya. But with aftermarket you will definetly hear the turbo whistle more:woot::woot:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
how is the AFE PRO DRY Stage 2 intake? o yea sorry, but explain the ZOODAD real quick.
Your stock intake flows very good and filters great, better filtration than any aftermarket filter. The AFE stg. 2 pro dry is an excellent choice if you decide you want an aftermarket intake. You will notice the sound of the turbo more with the AFE, which is pretty cool. It will also flow just a bit more air (that you don't necesarily need at your current mod level). Its not a bad investment, but if you're pinching pennies and have larger goals I'd wait on the aftermarket intake. Save a little more and get a reg return fuel system, or a FASS or Airdog kit. Maybe a coolant filter, something like that. You'll get more bang for your buck with quite a few other things before you need to worry about the intake.

The zoodad mod is simply cutting out a hole in the plastic radiator support directly in front of your intake. All you have to do is remove your grille and cut a hole.

Also I see these are your first posts.... WELCOME to the .org!

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
The AFE is fine. The Zoodad is where you cut a hole in your grill liner (for lack of a better term) drivers side just behind your grill and in front of the air intake tube. Sorry for not finding link that works, but just search for Zoodad and plenty will come up with/without pics. It's real simple and basically a free mod that will help with cold air intake.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Your stock intake flows very good and filters great, better filtration than any aftermarket filter. The AFE stg. 2 pro dry is an excellent choice if you decide you want an aftermarket intake. You will notice the sound of the turbo more with the AFE, which is pretty cool. It will also flow just a bit more air (that you don't necesarily need at your current mod level). Its not a bad investment, but if you're pinching pennies and have larger goals I'd wait on the aftermarket intake. Save a little more and get a reg return fuel system, or a FASS or Airdog kit. Maybe a coolant filter, something like that. You'll get more bang for your buck with quite a few other things before you need to worry about the intake.

The zoodad mod is simply cutting out a hole in the plastic radiator support directly in front of your intake. All you have to do is remove your grille and cut a hole.

Also I see these are your first posts.... WELCOME to the .org!
Yeah, what shu said and welcome to the Org.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts