Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 6.0 and I've been reading up on the uphill leaks and the forums point to ICP sensors for 03-04 models but my ICP sensor on 2005 engines is on the front of the engine. Could it still leak and make it's way back to the oil drain plug area? Could it be the IPR valve leaking back there? I've ordered the STC fitting upgrade for the low MPG. Could the back of the cover for the HPOP be leaking? Just bought the truck and having these issues. Not driving it right now due to the 8-12 MPG and not sure if the long crank will turn into a no crank. Any help guys?

· Premium Member
6,634 Posts
I've been reading up on the uphill leaks and the forums point to ICP sensors for 03-04 models but my ICP is on the front of the engine. Could it still leak and make it's way back to the oil drain plug area? Could it be the IPR valve leaking back there? I've ordered the STC fitting upgrade for the low MPG. Could the cover for the HPOP be leaking? Just bought the truck and having these issues. Not driving it right now due to the 8-12 MPG and not sure if the long crank will turn into a no crank. Any help guys?
Nevermind what was written here before..your name says 05, yet you talk about 03-04's..
There are many things that can (and do) leak. You will have to do some investigating and cleaning.
That STC fitting is internal to the engine and it is impossible for it to leak oil externally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.