Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. My truck has been starting rough the last couple of weeks and has been blowing bluish-white smoke during startup and when I step on it. Now the truck will not start and is blowing lots of black smoke when I try starting it. I'm new to diesels and don't know where to start with this issue.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have smoke coming up from behind the motor when I try to start it. Looks like shes getting fuel but she wont start, any ideas? :dunno:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Smoke from behind the engine would indicate an exhaust leak. I'll let the 05 experts chime in on the no-start situation.

Good lookin' truck. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
How many miles on the truck? If you are under 100k take it in let the warranty deal with it. If over 100k you need a scanner that can datastream.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck has about 75,000 mile. I'm the second owner also so I don't think the warranty would be valid. What type of scanner are you talking about?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ford diesel warranty stays with the truck not the owner.5yr. 100,000mi. warranty,so you should be coverd.:icon_ford:
Thanks for the info. I talked with ford and it is still covered. I also was able to get the truck started by pluging the block heater in. Once it was warmed up it started no trouble. It's at the dealership right now waiting to be seen.

·
Registered
597 Posts
sounds like you got a glow plug module issue

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
597 Posts
should be.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealership just called and said my problem is the FICM. It is covered under the warranty and they said they should have it installed by tomorrow afternoon. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Glad the boys could help you out. Stick around and browse some. Lots to learn about your truck.

·
Registered
597 Posts
FICM.. hmm good to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts