Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently purchased a 2005 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 6.0 Bulletproofed 256k miles 4x4.

The vehicle does have a Salvage title (230k miles ago) and was wondering what the Private Sale Market value of the truck is roughly?

The vehicle is very clean exterior wise, no frame damage, runs and drive straight without pulling.

Just trying to gauge if I got myself upside down on it.

Other than that; what would you all recommending getting done to it first to make this a good/reliable tow vehicle?

1st truck EVER so please excuse the noob questions lol

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
IMO an easy 10/25 % less than the same truck with no salvage

and some insurance can be sticky insuring one

Salvage is so common in AZ they now have a certification to add to the salvage title showing it was fixed properly
this can help resale

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
First off, Welcome to PS.org If it was 230K miles ago, then it must of been done right.
Don't know what state your from but some states issue a Salvage title from just the
air bag going off. Good luck, you very well could have a real good truck.
Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm in NC; the Salvage title was originally SC then of course transferred to NC.

When buying that's about the mindset I had; 45-50% retail value hit with a "cleaner" Salvage vehicle. Being that the repairs were done 230,000 miles ago....made me feel better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts