Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have yet another 6.0 starting problem. The truck has been running great, no issues at all. However, this morning when i went to get it started it cranked normally fired a couple of cylinders and stopped, Repeat 2 or 3 or 4 more times. It fires but wont stay running. I have drained the water separator. pulled the air filter and tested the FICM which was replaced about 1500 miles ago. All seem to be fine. I am leaning toward fuel system but I am new to diesels, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks. :dunno:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
plan on replacing all the filters, Fuel and oil with new motorcraft filters and change the oil as soon as i can find a parts house that has them in stock. luckily my wally world has all the oil and oil filters. but can after market filters and older oil really cause a no start condition in these trucks?? this is my firts diesel and I just bought it early july!:bump:

·
Registered
968 Posts
plan on replacing all the filters, Fuel and oil with new motorcraft filters and change the oil as soon as i can find a parts house that has them in stock. luckily my wally world has all the oil and oil filters. but can after market filters and older oil really cause a no start condition in these trucks?? this is my firts diesel and I just bought it early july!:bump:
YES! How did you check the FICM voltage? Any codes? To solve this problem we will need some solid data. See the no start check list in my sig.
WELCOME TO THE .ORG:icon_ford:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so today i changed oil and filter as well as fuel filters, disconnected alarm, remote start, batteries. no change. I checked the FICM (58 volt upgrade) with a multi meter, never dropped below 56. this truck is my daily driver right now because my 95 f150 wont pass emissions. I wish i had the tools, equipment and time to go thru your checklist but i am working 70+ hours at work so i guess I am gonna have it towed to the ford house. My Banker is gonna [email protected]#T a brick! I will update after they tell me what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having a similar problem

I have a 2007 f250 it cranks and fires but shuts down, i changed the fuel filters and filled it up with gas what should i try next? Did u ever fix your problem if so how?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the emergency fuel shut off switch. If I remember correctly it is behind the passenger kick panel. It had tripped. Reset it and it fired right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts