Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an 05 f250 with 98,000 on it but the seller is saying that the #8 cylinder is bad. He thinks that it can be fixed. But me not knowing for sure what has caused it I was thinking a remanufactured engine is probably what I end up going with. Kind of hope for the best prepare for the worst situation.

Any advise on cost or the best way to repair would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I am looking at buying an 05 f250 with 98,000 on it but the seller is saying that the #8 cylinder is bad. He thinks that it can be fixed. But me not knowing for sure what has caused it I was thinking a remanufactured engine is probably what I end up going with. Kind of hope for the best prepare for the worst situation.

Any advise on cost or the best way to repair would be appreciated.
Move along, find another.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I say if your willing to risk it, go for it. Could have 11000 in it and have a nice truck worth twice that. Thats a worst case senario at replacing the engine, could be minor for all you know. For what its worth I would do it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
is the cylinder bad as in no compression? #8 is easy enough to get to, squeeze test it and see if there is compression in that hole.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
#8 "bad" as in ?????. No start? Compression? Seems like you like the truck, try to identify the problem and go from there. Good luck.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
If you are a DIY guy then BUY IT!!!

Get a reman engine for 5k and you will have a NICE truck for 12k.... a truck that costs 20k :woot

That is what I did and I'm loving my truck:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts