Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks
Has anyone done a recent High Idle Mod on a05/06 f250 . I found some of the older threads starting back in 2005. It was a good write up by StuartV back then but there was some people having issues about which to use AIC/SEIC/BCP as one takes the RPMs to 1200 but locksup converter ( my understanding since i/we dont have PTO there is no worries about possible Transmission damage. Thats SEIC . the BCP option takes the RPMs between 1600-2400 which is I believe to keep Battery charged. My Goal is because of health reasons in the East Coast Summer with 110% Humidity will sometime have to idle truck. So i need to figure out the best path to go . My reason for requesting info from anyone who has done it recently or in past few years is when i go to West Coast to pick up Truck i want to do this before driving back to East Coast plus my son lives out there and he is more agile than his Ole Pop.All suggestions Welcome

05 F250 6.0 Lariat FX4 18k Soon to Have Coolant Filter BPD EGR Cooler High Idle Mod

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great news Coyre. at the low mileage of my truck I am very fortunate that everything I can do no is going to make this truck last a long time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts