Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Excursion occasionaly will crank and not start when warm, not every time just occasionaly. Also sometimes dies while driving and then will crank and not start, or it will start and will be stuck at idle.

Again this has happened a few times in the last couple of weeks, of course its always when the wife is driving it. I have a coolant filter, egr delete, oil cooler, and hpop update kit ordered.

Any ideas, I have been checking out the forums and usually come across the crank no start issue, or died while driving issue. Havent seen both, and it doesnt happen everytime. Anybody have any ideas. Dont have a scan tool or monitor.

Anything else i should do when i'm doing the above upgrades. Thanks

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah there is something else you should do. GET A MONITOR!! AND A SCAN TOOL !!! lol It will help you and others answer your questions but based on your description it sounds like a HPO leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know I need to get one, and it's on the list. Just curious if anybody else has had both issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could a HPO leak cause occasional issues, weird to me that it wouldn't happen every time you got it up to operating temp. Granted I don't really know what I'm talking about, so be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts