Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any parts of the 2005+ dash that will swap over to the 2003-2004 trucks? Im getting kinda bored of my interior, wondered if I could give it a new look... wood grain (not those cheap kits on ebay) and even the white gauges would be cool.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I know the lower dash part with the cup holder will fit. I've been trying to find one for my '04. The rest can be swapped in, but it's a lot of work

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
its not easy and nothing fits alot of fabbing i put an 06 harley dash bezel on mine it was a pain

·
Registered
420 Posts
So how hard is this to do? I want to do it, but want to know how hard this is first

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
new or modded ac tubing is needed along with alot of cutting of the dash to make the bezel and radio fit correctly and dont forget about all the switches its not fun but it can be done unless your going for a king ranch or harley look i would deem this task as unrewarding due to the fact that it changes so slightly in appearance

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lower Center dash panel

Does anybody know if the lower center dash panel with the storage comparment from a 2005-07 will work on the 99 to 04 dash. Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Lower dash parts are a straight forward swap the upper parts are a different story

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lower dash parts are a straight forward swap the upper parts are a different story
Where could we find the 05 lower dash piece that has the upfitter switch spaces. I have a switch box mounted on mine and I want to go find some upfitter switches that are for the 05 style truck. If it comes down to the dealership I can do that too.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
if you find a parts truck the entire skin (the plastic pieces including the one that goes to the windshield) swaps in fairly easy. i have the swap done in mine.

but if you need the upfitters i have an extra set of just the switches (no cjb or wiring other than the pig tail to the back of the switch unit)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just got thru doing the high idle mod on my 04 and my gf's 05, and the 05 was pretty easy with the switches, I was just thinking how hard it would be for the lower dash from an 05 to go into an 04 but where would the pigtail from the upfitter switches wire into? There's already a plug in my fuse box where it is on the 05? Has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You need the cjb for the switches and then you can put them in. I have all the parts ready for my install just need the time to wire it up. And the plug on the fuse box for the switches has two missing wires where the ones in your 04 already have wires.

I can get pics tomorrow and hope to wire mine up this week

·
Registered
53 Posts
In all actuality you can swap the whole 2005-07 dash right in the truck with the excetion of the cluster(won't work, tach and speedo supposedly have a hidden signal that's not reverse conpatible with the 04 and older trucks). However there are few solutions to ponder and this is where I am. I recently picked up a 2005 dash with a complete harness and trying to figure out the pin outs on the engine side. I want to retain all the features the 05 han still use my 7.3. The biggest problem so far is verything on the other side of the fire wall... Everything can be re-pinned and utilized from the previous/existing harness it's just a matter of knowing which pins are for what.

Can anyone send me a detailed wire schematic for 2005 lariat crew cab? I intend to write it up and aide anyone who is interested in getting it done.

TIA
Eric

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
what is your email black coyote, i will try and get some schematics together this weekend to send to you. PM me what you need.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll PM it to you. I'm looking for all the wiring on the engine side of the harness in both the 2000 and 2005. To also include the fuse box and cruise control on 05. Going to try and use the 05 harness in the 2000 truck. I know there were some big changes with the fuse box and engine connectors. I'd like it to look as factory as possible. My dash had a rats nest underneath of it when I bought and this new dash is pretty friggin clean! Love it.

Thanks TSS02, I appreciate you looking it up for me. I'll be passing by your way during the holidays to visit my kids in Pittsburgh. I'll be moving to Omaha here in about 30 days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts