Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall I just got a pair of 06 headlights for a good deal. 190 brand spankin new from a auto part warehouse down the street. Now all I need is the grill and the front bumper. The grill and bumper I tend just to take off a salvaged super duty, hopefully a white one so I dont have to worry about painting it to match the paint, lol. I talked to a ford dealer and they said 250 for the chrome grill I was like :doh: Anyways after all the parts are gathered what else is needed for the headlights, grill, and front bumper to snap right on with out the cutting or using zip tie

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
ebay. i found everything for mine. also the top screws on the grill line right up, you would need a new header pannel to make the clips work, but sence you got lights you will need it anyway... lol. ebay!

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
Indeed the header panel will be needed if you don't want to cut. There is a how-to here somewhere that shows how to cut the 99-04 panel to make the new headlamps work, doesn't lOok too hard. I know you mentioned you did not want to cut, but it may be worth looking at, save yourself a few bucks...:thumb:

You will also need to change the harness for the new headlight, 9007 vs. H13's, or go HID :thumb:

Post some pics when you done, let us know how it goes....

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
I just noticed your in town, PM me if you need help, I also have an old header panel you can have if you want to try and cut it before you buy one:thumb:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gotcha! Man use guys are very helpful. Oh yea would I be able to use my 04 fog lights when I get everything done?

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
not 100% sure, but I think so, my bumper had them already in when I did my swap. I'm sure someone else has done it, or tried to do it...LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
sooo how much does the whole "conversion kit" run an average joe like myself haha....

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
I have a little less in mine than that, but yeah I would say that's prolly average, I just got lucky:thumb:

04TurboStroker has a good point, take your time and shop around, eBay craigslist, here, etc. you can put it together pretty cheap.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i have 400 hundred in mine, but i didnt change the headlights, i just got clear corners. i like it.

·
Banned
175 Posts
I have an 04 that i converted the front clip to a 05 and up and you can get the headlight harness at the dealer or the autoparts store check ebay as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts