Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the forum and can't seem to locate any prior threads so my apologies if this has been covered somewhere else.

Pulling a 7k boat out of the water last night, I shifted the trans case into 4 low because the ramp was greasy with crap. The rear wheels still slipped a bit but eventually we got up the ramp.

I selected 2wd on the switch but that did nothing- it stayed in 4x4 low, with the 4x4 and low range lights still illuminated.

There was no bang or grinding noises- no funny noises at all.

145k on the truck, it's a KR CC dually as well if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
909 Posts
check the 2 relays between the fender and the battery on the drivers side, they are inside the little black box and sometimes go bad or get loose or full of water if the box is upside down. Several people on here have had the same problem and sometimes wiggling them will fix it, if not then replace them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goose,

Do you live near Portland, OR? If you do we're going out for a beer. I had two sitting in the drawer and swapped them in. Bingo!

THANKS!

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're ever in the neighborhood...

For anyone else who has this problem, a standard 5 pole relay plugs right in, one for each socket. The ones I stuck in were Bosch and I had to trim off the mounting tab. Other than that, plug and play. Cover snaps right back on.

Thanks again Goose.

Chris

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
And the Blue Goose steps up to the plate and knocks one out of the park!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks to Blue Goose. This helped me out today! I had no clue why it would not shift back to 2WD until I read this thread.
Also thanks to ckouba for starting the thread. Lead me right to my problem. The truck was sitting for four years, I thought the transfer case motor was shot.
You guys saved me a lot of money! Beers on me if you come to Canada.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts