1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Is that readings with koeo? Did you try to crank it with the icp unplugged?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Are you able to read ipr?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. My program will read everything but ipr. I di some more checking and this is what I have. No codes. Key on, icp plugged in, batt 14.81, ect 61.20f, ficm logic power 14.50, ficm main power 48.00v, icp 0psi, icp volts 0.25, icp reg 14.84%, iat 56.0f,. Key on, icp unplugged, no change from other readings. Key to start, icp plugged in, batt 11.25, rpm 171, ficm sync yes, ficm logic power 11.00v, ficm main power 48.00v, icp control pressure 45.89psi, icp volts 0.29v, icp reg 84.77%, Key to start, icp unplugged, ficm sync yes, icp 1500.14, icp volts 0.00, icp reg 66.41%, all other info the same. Thanks for any help you can offer. Tony

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You apparently have a hpo leak, or your hpop is bad. You wil need to preform the hpo leak test first. Maybe something was not torqued correctly.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I dont uderstand the icp reg figures you posted, is this the IPR duty??

The engine needs 500 psi to turn the ficm on, possible that IPR picked up debris from the repair work and causing issues.
You may want to pull the IPR and inspect it. Dont get your values???? ??

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I dont uderstand the icp reg figures you posted, is this the IPR duty??

The engine needs 500 psi to turn the ficm on, possible that IPR picked up debris from the repair work and causing issues.
You may want to pull the IPR and inspect it. Dont get your values???? ??
Me either, but i'm assuming it means req(required)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Auto Enginuity calls it injector control pressure regulator and is measured in % from 0.00 to 99.61. Thanks again Tony

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Auto Enginuity calls it injector control pressure regulator and is measured in % from 0.00 to 99.61. Thanks again Tony
Icp regulator is your ipr, then. If ipr is at 84%, that is an indication of hpo leak. It is commanding more oil pressure for the injectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suthend. Thanks for the imfo. I bought the ipr socket yesterday and removed the ipr. Found a hole in the screen and a piece of metal and rubber in the pintle and seat. Cleaned it and still woudn.t start. Bought a new one from Ford and it started up and runs great above 900rpm. If i slowly let of the throttle it will just instanly shut off around the 900 to 800rpm. When I go to start it it will start but stall quickly. If I hold the key to start and hold down thottle half way it will start and run great to the low prms and then it quites. Any advise is apprecieted. Tony

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I see you replaced all injectors, have you tested the fuel pressure, do you have the blue spring update, any codes, and are you using motorcraft filters with matching cap?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuel pessure is good. I did the blue spring two weeks ago. All filters are OEM. With fuel cap off and key on it fills very quickly. I am now getting two codes. P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A circuit range / performance and P2614 Camshaft Position Output cicuit / open. I replaced the cam sensor with oem and still the same. Cleared codes and ran engine and get P0341 and P2614. This is insane. Thanks Tony

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Those codes are likely from excessive cranking, rough running. I would disregard those right now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again Southend. All readings are in spec's so I took out the ficm and the pcm and sent them out for a check up. I did notice on the pcm oil in one of the pin pockets and in the ficm pin pockets there appears to be burning like around some of the pins. I'll post the results when I get them on Monday. Thanks again Tony:thumb:

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
^^^^X2 higher the % the more pcm is attempting to raise oil pressure and in (post 5) I am seeing 45.89 psi with the combo of the two you have a hpo leak.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the ficm and pcm back and they tested a-okay. Koeo readings are icp-25.49psi, icp volts-0.27, icp regulator 14.84%. Running at 1026rpm--icp-661.69psi, icp volts-0.88, icp regulator 26.17. Still quits sharply at around 900rpm. Very confusing devil this truck is. Fuel pressure is 48lbs. Oil is clean and all filters new. Fuel is good and clean. Egr is clean and working good. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
So are you reading ficm when it's running? The fuel pressure looks low for a blue spring update. Your icp and icp reg(ipr) numbers look different now, have you done anything different since you had the pcm and ficm checked? You may still wasnt to do a hpop leak test.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have learned that the Auto enginutity is slow on refreshing the data if you have too much on at once. The data is very on time when each line of data is checked only. Hpop checks out okay. All readings check out okay. I have a ford powerstroke tech coming on monday to help me out. I will keep you posted. Tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts