Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2005 King Ranch,I got a really good deal on the truck because it had a bad misfire. Unfortunately I have spent the last 5 months chasing this problem with no luck. The truck has no engine codes and when I plug it into a scanner everything looks good at idle. when I rev the truck up to about 2,000 RPM I loose three cylinders all in a row 2,4 and 6. It's like I have three bad injectors. I can drop those three out and rev it up and it makes no difference at all,it runs the same. I replaced all 8 injectors with new ford Injectors when i bought the truck but just to make sure i didn't get faulty parts I switched out those 3 injectors with another truck that I knew ran good and it runs the exact same. I also swapped FICM's with that other truck and I changed the injector harness and the engine wiring harness but it still runs the exact same. I have changed injector cups thinking that maybe I wasn't getting a good seal and i was getting some air in the fuel lines, but it made no difference. The truck has good compression in those three holes. And when I plug it into the scanner my oil pressures seem to be where they should. I am completely out of idea's.. any help would be much appreciated, before I throw anymore money at parts and before I rip my hair out. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,079 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Might have something to do with fuel pressure... check both filters and maybe measure the pressure with a gauge.

How have you confirmed that its cylinders 2, 4 and 6? What scanner are you using?

·
Administrator
23,807 Posts
I recently purchased a 2005 King Ranch,I got a really good deal on the truck because it had a bad misfire. Unfortunately I have spent the last 5 months chasing this problem with no luck.
Pro tip: Take the money you saved and spend it on a good mechanic. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 F-250 4x4 with 6.0. It has 132,000 miles on it. It is currently in the Ford dealership and on week 4. It started out it ran ruff at an idle. I changed oil and all filters. did not help. At the Ford house, I was told it had 6 bad injectors, they changed all 8. Then they changed the ICP sensor, and changed it again with a new pig tail. Then I was told it had a dead cylinder. They changed the #7 injector and fixed that. Then they replaced the High Pressure Oil pump. They started it up to warm up the engine and told me the #7 injector was bad again.Now, week 4 and still not fixed. The only thing I have done different is to put Moble 1 Turbo Diesel oil in it. All this seems to have began after I changed the oil. I told the people at the Ford house and they are aware of this. I, they we are at a loss of what could be the issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
I have a 2007 F-250 4x4 with 6.0. It has 132,000 miles on it. ...
Stuff like this is hard to diagnose over the interwebs. You have about 18 variables stretched across two locations.

That said - given your description - the greatest statistical likelihood is that you leaned on the injector harness while you were changing the oil and either loosened the FICM connectors or rubbed a chafing point raw.

But my saying it doesn't matter so much. After all of the money the dealership has pumped into it, if loose connectors or a bad harness were the real issue, the last thing that they'd do is tell you.

Oh... and - if you didn't use Motorcraft filters - that can cause problems on the fuel side. Oil side, too. Just not so immediate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the thread starter. I have an 05 6.0 with stutter/hestitation/? At about 1500 rpm with pedal pressure off- after an oil change as well. Hope these guys can help you solve this. Ps. I replaced the injector harness with zero difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to this, trying to figure mine out. I have an 04 f250, I got a cylinder 1 non contribution code, rough idle, smooths out a bit when accelerating until it upshifts and the rpms drop then it shutters real bad. Cleared the code and it came back for the same cylinder. Changed both fuel filters, added a stiction eliminator, running rotella t6 15-40 in Kentucky hot weather. Ficm constant at 48, logic side reads 13-14. Icp idles around 630. Is this bad stiction or did I loose that one injector? The exhaust will blow constant black smoke sometimes and nothing others making me think the injector is sticking. And help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.