i have a 05 f450
first scan said ficm perf
so i replaced the ficm with a new one from ford
now i get codes u0105 and u0306
still wont start any tips would greatly help

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
well you probly didnt need the ficm. Just cause the scanner throws a code for it doesnt mean its bad. It just points you in the direction for further diagnosis. Check for a blown 10 amp fuse in the auxiliary relay box, also check telay number 5 in the same box. Theres is also a fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box. But i dont remember the number. But the ficm probly doesnt match your pcm. It may need to be reflashed. I just had a truck come in the shop the other day that had the uo105 and a no start. Turned out the wiring harness to the ficm was the culprit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found this in my tsb bullets

FICM Replacement:

When replacing the fuel injection control module (FICM), the new FICM will need to be programmed after installation. Replacement FICM's are shipped unprogrammed and have to be programmed to match the exisisting computer. Broadcast Message 1171.
:dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i buy for parts from beman wholesale they said it was plug and play lol guess ill haul this heavy pos to the ford lot

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
ficm arent plug and play , they have to be programed those codes you are getting are telling me it isnt communicating with the pcm, et it programmed which has to be done along with pcm and tcm, that way they all communicate

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you will notice i found the answer before any one replied
i am a die hard ford man i bleed blue
i own a 97 powerstroke with 345000 and still going strong it gets 14mpg
also a 03 superduty with a 12v in it it get 25mpg

also i asked this same question over a week ago no replys

so if its a problem to use this site for research im sorry i just like the cummins better than the powerstroke its simple easy to work on and looks great under the hood of my superduty

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
not a problem to do research at all, hope you get it fixed

we just dont like ford bashing on this site , we try and keep that to a minimum, its just stirs up crap that doesnt need to be stirred, im not a cummins hater myself ,love the engine , work on alot of them at my shop , just getting a point across thats all:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts