Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just bought a 05 f350 6.0 with 38k on it wife goes to start it in morning each morning and it doesn't start without touching pedal and even then it seems to have died after start both days second time it fires up but she is giving it pedal when I tell her it shouldn't need it. Temp has been like 60-65 every morning, also on other starts during day I want to say it is turning over at least 5 sec to star.

This is my first stroke as I have a 92 IDI :) so easy to work on and I feel like it must be sucking air or something as over night maybe pressure is bleeding off but I would like to know all of your educated opinions on this.
This is my first post I searched but couldn't find any real answers I also went to dealer got a Oasis report and it has had no motor warranty work.
Derek

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
before i dug to deep into this i would want to know for sure if it has the latest calibration in the pcm, if it doesnt i would start there and while its hooked up would pull the codes to see if there were any

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Update"
So truck went to dealer yesterday to have pcm checked for latest flash and to be started in the morning like it has been here, so this morning they start it and tell me it started fine and only code that was stored was a "low fuel" code which I don't know what that code does to anything..... so I have them do oil change and change fuel filter and total bill was 234.00 they charged me 88 dollars for "diagnostics" 88 bucks to hook up code reader :-( well anyways I go to start it at dealership and it seems like it turns over 8-10 times before starts up, is this the normal amount of revolutions for a 6.0 to fire up? Any ideas would be great I will start truck in the morning here and see what I get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts