Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just checking if I can actually mount an 05-07 radio in my 99. And that it will actually work, lol.

Would be the 6 cd model, getting sick of my unit...

thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats funny, i just got my sounds system done, and i will sell you my 6 disc head unit, if it wil work for you. its out of my 06

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats funny, i just got my sounds system done, and i will sell you my 6 disc head unit, if it wil work for you. its out of my 06
Man that would be awesome! If it works..:please::crazy

What kinda sound system did you put in?

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I don't remember whether is was 03 or 05 that they switched but an 06 radio is physically bigger than the opening in a 99 dash.

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember whether is was 03 or 05 that they switched but an 06 radio is physically bigger than the opening in a 99 dash.
I know the 99-04 will be the same size/same fit but wasn't sure about the 05's:dunno:

I like the 05 layout

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bet you the pins dont even line up right either:doh:

·
Registered
77 Posts
sry for delay, lol. i got 4 12s indash, theres a list as my signature, but yea i have the stock 6 disc awesome machinery.

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, sounds pretty sweet. I'll havta see if the 06 works, if it does I'll talking to you :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
thank you i love it, but ok man no problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
no. it will not work. they changed about everything that had to do with the radios in 05. sorry,

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, alright man thanks for the help!

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
As already stated won't work without heavy modifications, and why do that instead of buying a quality HU???

nch

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, down the road I may get the factory 6-disc unit.
On that note, I discovered a Sirius Satellite unit inside my dash.
Does any want it? How much are these things worth?
Anyway I have no use for SSR in my truck, so if anyone wants it let me know. I cant get the black part (sat receiver) off my dash so it comes with wiring, the FM modulator thing, Sirius box, and controller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts