Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys getting ready to do this but one simple question, how long do you think it will take? 2-3 hours?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
2-3 hours is conservative if you have all the parts in hand. Make sure you have the headlight conversion harness.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I do, do I need anything else like brackets or anything besides, headerpanel, bumper, top n bottom val, new fog with brackets?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Did you get the bumper complete-as in, does it have all the brackets to mount it to the frame? If so, it is a SUPER easy jpb. Take the bumper off first, then headlights, then header pane. It helps to have an upholstery/interior tool (like a screwdriver with a fork for pulling pushpins) for all the pushpins that secure all the rubber ducting to the panel. You will also need 2 additional screws-get 2 that match the grille screws. The 99-04 headlights have 2 screws (for the marker lights) and 2 clips. The 05-07 lights use 4 bolts and no clips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this sounds dumb but I'm not sure it has the brackets..? Do they attach separately or is it obvious if it has them? Also do I need any additional bolts etc?

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok call me stupid! But I still can't figure this out. I bought the bumper mounts for the 05/07 how do they attach to the new bumper? Do I need to buy the bolts? Also the picture below is taken from the drivers side looking towards from within the wheel well. Are these a-arm looking things holding up the bumper and will they transfer to the new one? Sorry guys but I'm jut stuck!

Thanks!
Dan

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts