Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it so hard to find a decent used 6.0 these days? i know they are getting old but 3-4 years ago they were everywhere. Now you can't find one that is a decent deal or at least out my way in Alabama that seems to be the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think everyone has junked them. Still have mine but I wouldn't buy another. Nothing that money and more money can't fix.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Why is it so hard to find a decent used 6.0 these days? i know they are getting old but 3-4 years ago they were everywhere. Now you can't find one that is a decent deal or at least out my way in Alabama that seems to be the case.

I think you should look harder... I just used Montgomery,AL and did a 200 mile radius on auto trader theres 63 F250 Diesels I found.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=464978137&zip=36121&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=36121&fuelTypeGroup=DSL&startYear=2005&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&vehicleStyleCodes=AWD4WD&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2007&modelCodeList=F250&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&startYear=2005&numRecords=25&vehicleStyleCodes=AWD4WD&firstRecord=0&endYear=2007&modelCodeList=F250&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=F250
just like on this forum do some homework..

Reactions: mhatlen

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I looked for about 6 months before I found mine. I looked at about 10-12 trucks, some even 400 miles away. Unfortunately I was looking for a very specific truck (05-07 king ranch 250 in white or red) so it really narrowed my search. Most of the trucks I looked at were beat to hell. One was even in a hail storm that the guy just happened to not tell me before I went to look at it. Clean trucks are out there. They are getting older though and are harder to find. I ended up with an 06 with 70k on it that was absolutely mint other than a ruptured oil cooler that I was able to negotiate down on price a good bit.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm from Chattanooga, TN and I flew to Texas to get mine after a long search (off and on for about a year). I have been considering an OBS crew cab short bed, if I could ever find a white or grey one with grey interior I'd sell mine in a heart beat.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I think everyone has junked them. Still have mine but I wouldn't buy another. Nothing that money and more money can't fix.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's funny there.

But I'm afraid you are wrong there. The 2005-2007 is the most sought after model. Ford made huge upgrades in 2005 with Dana60 front axles with larger brakes along with the new coil front suspension. The dash was also upgraded along with the front ends. Plus ALL the 2005-2007 have the better high pressure pumps and all the early 6.0 issues were gone.
Granted in that redesign they created brand new issues with the high pressure oil system but later came up with updated parts that did correct all of it. In my opinion its the only years worth buying, but I'm jaded so take that with a grain of salt :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I look twice a week within 300 miles from me. The problem is it is hard to trust what people say these days. Especially dealers. The one you linked looks like it might be a good truck but when i called to get some info on it they told me it was "bulletproofed". So i asked them to tell me what was done to the truck they told me it had the EGR cleaned and the oil cooler replaced. Could have been an honest mistake or someone that has no experience with these trucks might have bought it thinking they were getting something they weren't. Looks like I should have never sold my 05'.

Reactions: Beerbait

·
Registered
858 Posts
05-07 For The Win!!!

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I look twice a week within 300 miles from me. The problem is it is hard to trust what people say these days. Especially dealers. The one you linked looks like it might be a good truck but when i called to get some info on it they told me it was "bulletproofed". So i asked them to tell me what was done to the truck they told me it had the EGR cleaned and the oil cooler replaced. Could have been an honest mistake or someone that has no experience with these trucks might have bought it thinking they were getting something they weren't. Looks like I should have never sold my 05'.
Well the term "Bulletproofed" has been over used more then a pair of underwear that's regularly turned inside out to get through the week.
In my book a BulletProofed 6.0 must have been:
Studded
O-Ringed
Completely Updated
Converted to ELC-1
Or Ford Gold
The engine makes 800 HP
Can't break down
Will last forever

Yup that pretty well sums it up.

Reactions: JesseKK

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well the term "Bulletproofed" has been over used more then a pair of underwear that's regularly turned inside out to get through the week.
In my book a BulletProofed 6.0 must have been:
Studded
O-Ringed
Completely Updated
Converted to ELC-1
Or Ford Gold
The engine makes 800 HP
Can't break down
Will last forever

Yup that pretty well sums it up.
Damn, mine won't ever be bullet proof :sad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts