Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 6.0 I just replaced the egr cooler and oil cooler and when I got it all back to together she starts (barely) and runs rough with little to no throttle response and no power if I manage to build up some rpm. any thoughts /threads

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Make sure your ficm connectors are seated. Could be air in the system. Are you able to monitor icp?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not able to monitor icp and I have gone over the air system several times looking for leaks could not find any. I will check the FICM for connection and post findings. Thank you

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Make sure your ficm connectors are seated. Could be air in the system. Are you able to monitor icp?

Air in the oil and fuel systems.

I am not able to monitor icp and I have gone over the air system several times looking for leaks could not find any. I will check the FICM for connection and post findings. Thank you
Sometimes it is necessary to get the truck out on the road and get the air out of the system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't Thank you enough Southend. It was one of the connectors on the FICM was loose I had not gotten it back in all the way. Runs like a champ.Thanks Again :yourock::thankyou2:

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
thats great! Been reading and posting here for a while, good info on the org. Get a monitor on that truck. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will get one of those when the funds are available. I have one more question are there any gaskets on the exhaust side of the turbo. I am getting a hissing noise when i give it gas an it seems to be coming from the turbo sounds like a huge intake leak but i pressure tested that

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I will get one of those when the funds are available. I have one more question are there any gaskets on the exhaust side of the turbo. I am getting a hissing noise when i give it gas an it seems to be coming from the turbo sounds like a huge intake leak but i pressure tested that
Man I wish I could tell you, idk, but I know that is what guys say it sounds like when the exhaust leak occurs. I just haven't torn into my turbo......YET......lol. First i've heard of someone pressure testing the intake tubes, all the intake valves would have to be closed to make that work?

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I done my egr delete I had the same prolbem. It was the v band clamp on back side of turbo I didn't get the pipe fully seated and messed the band clamp up. I reinstalled the down pipe with a new band clamp. Prolbem solved

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yea that y-pipe to the Turbo is a pita to get lined up. It's easier if you loosen the up pipes at the manifest but that is also a pita. I took a 3 ft pry bar and had my wife run the air ratchet to get it lined up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Manifolds* d*mned auto correct.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Yea that y-pipe to the Turbo is a pita to get lined up. It's easier if you loosen the up pipes at the manifest but that is also a pita. I took a 3 ft pry bar and had my wife run the air ratchet to get it lined up.

I loosened the manifold bolts, lined up the connection to the turbo and finger tightened the clamp as much as I could. Gave the pipe a shake and finger tightened again. I kept going until I couldn't tighten the clamp by hand any more and then tightened it up with the socket. No leaks on the first try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts