Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2004 F250 with the 6.0. While driving down the highway at 70mph it began to run poorlyand pouring black smoke. The overdrive lamp starting flashing. So I pulled over and killed it and tried to restart it to see if it would help. THe truck wont even turn over. Ive got codes for all 8 injector circuits. I can get the truck to start if I jump the starter relay or at the stater. It runs absolutly horrible. Upon further checking. The pcm is not supplying ground to the starter relay for it to crank. The pcm shows that it is in park/neutral. there are no anti theft items on the truck. I have a quadzilla box on it but I can remove it from the truck and it makes no difference. Ive had the oil cooler replaced and the egr cooler deleted about 2 weeks ago. And it ran better than it ever has. ANy help is greatly appreciated. I guess I need to figure out the no crank issue first then move on to drivability. Ive heard that there is some solenoid in the trans that can malfunction and cause all of these problems. THanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I'll try that first thing in the morning. I started it earlier by jumping the relay today to pull it in the shop. I've never seen a 6.0 run that bad. I can work on the 7.3 and the cummins with no problems. I left the dealership right before the 6.0's came out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts